Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since taking the photo below I have installed the fuel tank and complete brake system. The engine and trans are tore down and I started ordering parts today. It will be a few months before they are ready to install.

What should I do in the meantime? Cockpit Aluminum? Should I start the wiring yet? Dash? I don't have a wiring harness yet but will order one soon. Thanks for any suggestions. :confused: :D

[ September 20, 2005, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Buckeye ]

·
Senior Charter Member
506 Posts
Aluminum. You need room to work when popping those rivets. I would follow the order of the manual...at least through the majority of the build.

Excellent progress!

Chris

·
SuperCobra 1
14,690 Posts
finish the pass footbox, install the driver's footbox (only the engine side, for now), install floors and cockpit panels, you can leave the big back one out, don't install the trunk panels yet (only after car is running good and you are ready to seal it up) but you can drill holes and use clecos to make sure everything lines up, install the power booster, steering system, pedal box, think where you will put the ebrake. Plan ahead and buy a battery box by www.FFMetal.com maybe even a kit to make your footboxes bigger? , etc. etc. etc.

Good luck !

·
Charter Member
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SuperCobra,

Steering is done, pedal box is done, ebrake is most likely going in the stock location since I don't want to see it, and I am planning to use the FFMetal battery box. Guess I can order the box and get that in. Thanks for the Al panel advice.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
fuel and brake lines

·
Charter Member
222 Posts
Won't hurt to start roughing in your wiring pretty soon. For sure before you install the engine and tranny. There are a lot of clamps and drilling that need room to work.

·
Charter Member
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I'll get started with some of the Aluminum riveting.

·
3,645 Posts
Eric-
If you want to stop over some time let me know or we can round up some cars and stop by to see your build.

·
Senior Charter Member
574 Posts
Nows the time to do footbox and upper trunk floor aluminum! Drivers footbox outside and top panels held only by Clekos as there has been ongoing mods and access has proven invaluable. It's also time to consider footbox and battery box mods. I even added a recessed tool box that matched the recessed battery box. I left out the cockpit floors and all else untill the engne/tranny were in and the wiring, battery and rear loom, was run to the fuse panel. Now it's time for the cockpit and in retrospect, I'm glad I waited....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts