Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brake setup is everyone using? I planned on going manual, with SN95 stuff front/rear. Someone mentioned that I should use the Cobra rear setup. What with the cars being so light, will it be a noticeable improvement over standard GT stuff?

·
Banned
937 Posts
I'm using the 84 Mustang master cylinder, no proportioning valve and everything else stock from my 89 donor. I had input from several builders (One, a pro who has built 10 Cobras) and they said that this setup will give excellent brakes with no need for all the elaborate setups unless you are racing.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I have the Jeep master on the large Cobra brakes both front and rear. It does stop pretty well for manual brakes. My rotors are drilled and slotted as well.

Mike

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,345 Posts
I'm also using the Jeep MC but with Cobra rear 11.5" rotors and SN95 GT front 11" with dual piston PBR GT calipers.

Not on the road yet but several have used this combintion so it's nothing new.

Planning to use Porterfield RS-4 pads as an improvement if I hate the feel with the stockers.

·
2,860 Posts
I have 100% stock brakes from a 1989 Mustang LX. Never a problem on the road. On the track; things would be different! :eek: Keep in mind that these cars are 1000# lighter than a Mustang.

·
1,744 Posts
We're using "96 GT front and rear calipers with FMS drilled and slotted rotors and a "94 Cobra master cylinder. We installed an adjustable proportioning valve in the rear line just in case. It's not on the road yet but, as Mumblerone said, these cars are 1k lbs lighter than what the brake system was designed for.

Almost forgot, we're also using one of Mike Eversons modified brake pedals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts