Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

this is Jay Bird's photo.

i lost the manual many moons ago. what are the laser cut thick metal parts for?

are they exposed? do i need to have them chromed or powdercoated?

·
ntrudelle
866 Posts
I came across your post so i looked in my MK3 manual and couldn't find those brackets in any of the pictures,book is not the best tool by the way. I would phone FFR they will help you

Michel (planning to build in the spring)

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
They go between the door and the latch (note the similarities). Just paint them black or silver.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
What Mike D. said.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
The are the spacers IF you need to move the door mounted latch part. Some folks need both, others only one. I have one on my MK-II passenger door. Much nicer than a stack of washers.

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
I did not need them on my MKIII.

·
Charter Member
273 Posts
I lost mine when I moved. If anyone has an extra set, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands. I have a MK2 and my doors don't latch very well. I was just about to call FFR and have them send me a new set, but I figured I'd check here and see if anyone has some.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Willie

if you can remember, and if you don't get them, hit me up in about 7 weeks. i should be done with paint by then, and if i don't need them i will send them to you

·
Charter Member
273 Posts
Eddie -

I'll do that. I'm about to take the body off for the winter to start working on the thing again in lieu of driving, so there's no hurry on my part. Thanks.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
I actually made a 1/2" thick aluminum piece of the sameshape to make sure that the doors would fully latch.
Make sure that the bolt is going into the hole and not just hook up at the notch.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
I powder coated mine, then did not use them. Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts