Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a motor and have linkage pieces but what I am missing is the piece that should go on top of the motor (circled in red). And, where can I get one?

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still missing part

Ok, so I bought the motor, then I found a junk yard to sell me the gold part mentioned below, but it appears I am missing another part. My wiper is installed and works "fine", but it only wipes to the middle of the drivers face, then returns to the horizontal position and the spring does nothing so I am thinking the parking piece is stuck.

I have not messed with it for a while, but then I was driving in the rain.....

So, I found this great page: DIY - Windshield Wiper Motor Replacement & Adjustment - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

I don't have this piece and wondered if anyone would know what to call it? Also, is there a more detailed explanation of how the image below attaches to the arm or motor? It seems like this causes the wiper arm to be sandwiched between two pieces allowing it to move and the spring to perform some function. Mine is rigid and does not have that twisting, spinning motion that would cause the spring to flex. Like this video demonstrates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4stYX-sjfBQ

Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.