Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am preparing to install a new EFI harness for/from Mass-Flo. The directions say to put on the split loom then wrap it, with the supplied wrap. It looks like there is enough wrap for the entire harness, or atleast the parts that will be infront of the fire wall. Other than this, what else should I consider doing to protect the harness and wires?

·
Junior Charter Member
785 Posts
Just make sure you keep any wires away from your headers or any other engine component that gets really hot. I know, duh, but don't ask me how I know........

Bill

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
That roll of harness tape will be MORE than enough...

You could litteraly wrap the harness twice...

Matter of fact, my Mass-Flo kit came with TWO rolls and I only used about half of one roll for a single wrap, so I went back and put a second layer on it.

Keep the tape tight and overlap about 50%, this will make the harness water tight...

Wrap all of the small branches first, starting at the connector end and wrap to the main harness trunk and then cut the wrap and use a tie wrap or electrical tape to hold the end in place. Then wrap the main trunk, covering all of the pigtail ends so you have one tight water proof harness...

HTH...
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts