Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to possibly sell my mark 2, and I'm wondering what they are going for? I have a ton of goodies on it from wilwood brakes, ecam, edel heads, 24lb injs, roller rockers, msd ignition, a ton of polished aluminum, etc. etc. It only has 900 miles on it since completion, but I'm looking to get into a 67-68 fastback, probably like an eleanor style. I can send pictures if anyone is interested. It is silver with black stripes. If you could email me at [email protected] with your opinion, thanks.

·
Charter Member
1,543 Posts
bottom line it's is worth all you can get someone to give you for it. That being said I WOULD NOT try to sell it on the forum prices here are way lower than what you can get other places. I would advertize it localy first and then go worldwide. start high you can always come down but you can't go up. imo At least $35000 maybe more

·
Registered
365 Posts
IMO Take a look at Barrett Jackson. Earlier this year there were some crazy prices for these cars.
50k even 70k depending on what she looks like and has but those prices don't seem to be untouchable. I've always told my friend with the 63 split window when he quotes some insane price that it's not worth anything until you sell it. Does seem like a pick up in Hot Rod values in general this year.

·
Junior Charter Member
352 Posts
Ebay has lots of them for sale (1965 cobra),look on there as way to judge. I would still guess it will be on the lower side of what you could get for it. JMO

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
Put it on eBay with a reserve you can live with. Don't sell it on this forum. Sorry guys, but we are too critical of our cars to sell them here.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
It is always difficult to see what cars are selling for, versus what is being asked. If you check the completed auctions on ebay, few actually sell due to not meeting reserve.
Here is one that did meet reserve and sold for $28.1K sold FFR on ebay

·
Unknown
399 Posts
If I were you I'd take your car to the local Target, Walmart, the local mall, or anywhere with an open parking lot and put a "For Sale" sign on the windshield. People gravitate to these cars like moths and I'm sure someone would be interested in working out a deal.

·
Banned
3,817 Posts
Um....I don't think your average walmart shopper has the funds to buy one of these. Plus you'll atract an awful lot of test pilots to a car that can kill them (and you) in a hurry.

You might do better on a weekend getaway to some vacation area, at local car show or cruise night.

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
Turboguy:

Wrong-o on your assumption. I'd venture to say nearly every guy/gal on this forum that owns an FFR has shopped at Wal-Mart, probably frequently.

·
owner
720 Posts
Saw ours at a car show with a for sale sign on it. Within 15 minutes had a price worked out. We shop at Wal-mart.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Agree with putting the car somewhere it will get exposure. Try the local drive in or cruiseing hang out so people get to see the car in person. Local car shows would also be a good choice. I've seen several nice cars for sale at shows. Problem may be the time frame,since it takes a certain buyer for these cars. How bad or how much the future buyer wants "your" car and what they are willing to pay is the worth. You just need to have a needed amount in mind you would be comfortable to take as a min. I believe a solid build can bring a good fair price and no one should loose money on these cars. There is a buyer for yours,just a matter of them finding your car and it being the one they want.Being in a position where the car needs to go now is when the cars go for a lesser amount. Being in a position to wait for the right buyer can only help the car bring more. As for letting people drive the car. Once it came down to an agreed price and a commitment to buy. Only then would I let a stranger drive my car. You can usually feel out the shopers from the lookers. Good luck on the sale and finding your new toy.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
Originally posted by turboguy:
Um....I don't think your average walmart shopper has the funds to buy one of these. Plus you'll atract an awful lot of test pilots to a car that can kill them (and you) in a hurry.

You might do better on a weekend getaway to some vacation area, at local car show or cruise night.
I would have assumed this too. But last week, I was at Wal*Mart to get a tarp. As I walked out, a brand new S class Mercedes was pulling into a parking space. I'm sure the typical shopper doesn't have a $125k car, but a lot of us buy our oil there.

·
Unknown
399 Posts
Speaking as your average Walmart shopper,who owns a cobra. I would be curious if I saw one with a "For Sale" sign on the windshield.

As the other guys have stated, you can't pigeon hole Walmart shoppers. They didn't become an industry giant by catering to one economic demographic.

...Just trying help Crazyfb sell his car.

·
FFCobra Owner
865 Posts
Me...i'd put it in the paper...or on a telephone pole....and just say that the lucky new owner gets the car and my wife as a bonus! that way, you sell the car, look for the fastback....and now that the little lady is gone.....heck, you can shop for someone to put in the passenger seat!! Now that may get some interest!!

Ok, I hijacked the thread...but felt frisky today.
fred z :cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dont be too quick to give up on the WalMart idea,I run a small family garage and I also work part-time at WallyWorld in the automotive dept,(for the insurance benefits)and we have a lot ofcustomers who have the means who shop there.One that comes to mind went in to a local Ford dealership because they had a new GT outside,he inquired about the price and was treated with no respect so he left.He was ready to write a check,instead went and bought another Porsche.You never know who may be lurking the neighborhood WM.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,051 Posts
Speaking of Baratt jackson. The prices in Scottsdale were through the roof. However the one in Florida had some very low prices.
I'm guessing Scottsdale won't be quite the same next year.
As rediculas as it sounds and at the risk of sounding depressing, I think the high price of gas over time has or will drive the prices down a little (seems stupid to worry about the cost of gas when you paid 100K for the car that will be driven 1,000 mi in a year but I think it will). Also the greenies and global warming, the war, the dropping value of houses which helps fund these toys. I think we have just peaked in car prices and they are going to come down.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,623 Posts
The Vintage Races are coming up at Road America June 13, 14 and that is where you'll find buyers for your car. There'll be a ton of them there, they'll be in the mood for something fast and loud and they've got money.

For $70 you can enter the car show in front of Siebkhens on Saturday night and with a few adult beverages thrown into the mix for good measure, your car is as good as sold,. Even if you don't sell the car you'll have a great time.

Tom

·
Charter Member
3,060 Posts
If you want the opportunity to get the most money for it - Barret-Jackson. MidWest Cobras had one of thier roadsters cross the block for $87,000.

The auction environment is going to drive the prices higher then you will ever get from a Walmart parking lot or Autotrader ad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.