Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with my neighbor today and he has a 1992 5.0 convertable. It only has 22,000 miles on it. It looks brand new. Not a scratch anywhere. He bought it new in 93. He mentioned that it was a special edition,leather seats, white sport wheels, and the paint is red but almost has a tint of orange to it. He is talking about selling it, and I was just curious what something like this would be worth? It is in like new condition.

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Should look like this one (1 of 3,332 Vibrant Red convertibles just like it):

$12,000-$16,000 to a the right buyer/collector. The trick of course is finding that buyer/collector.

Bill S.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill:
That is exactly like the one he has. I am always amazed at the quick response on this forum.
Thanks.

·
Charter Member
1,512 Posts
locally if he got more than $7000 I`d be shocked. That`s if it is stock with no mods. But on ebay you would be shocked to see what some of these things go for. 91 5.0 coupes 5speed black on black they are selling for more now than they were new.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Joe Campbell bought one last summer local to us. You might check with him and see what how he faired out.

"Joe Campbell

Cobraless again, dang it
Member # 1165

posted March 08, 2007 10:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
03 Lexus IS300
93 LX 5.0 convertible special edition
98 F150 4x4
4760 build website"

·
Charter Member
3,866 Posts
Should look like this one (1 of 3,332 Vibrant Red convertibles just like it):
If Bill is correct on how many of those were built, That might be a collectors item.
It's worth looking into.
Like a numbers matching Mustang of the 60's.
It's very hard to find now.
If you buy this one, 15 years from now it will be worth something if you keep it stock and in good shape.
If only 3,332 were made how many will there be left in 15 years with all the FF being built.
Just my 2 cents

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
If you aren't interested in buying it, please let me know, my wife wants a convertible some kinda bad, and this one looks really nice. I live just outside of Richmond, VA, so a drive to NC wouldn't be so bad.
Thanks,
Lile

·
Senior Charter Member
610 Posts
Fox bodies are fast becoming rare in good condition. As someone said, the prices are actually starting to go up on good examples. They are not yet very valuable but special editions in great shape should fetch 10+ on the right day.

·
Charter Member
1,558 Posts
FFR hammerdown
Looks to be a decent day today. Have you had the car out yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts