Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, give me a while and I will get more pics. Can the parts on this go onto a new MKIII,

·
Junior Charter Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes fixing would be easy, but the salvage title hurts the value, oh well just dreaming again, my wife thinks I'm crazy, maybe his and hers is the approach I should take?????????????????

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
I can't tell for sure from a picture but it looks like you could repair that car for a whole lot less than using it as a donor and buying a new kit. Everything but the front end looks intact. Is the frame damaged? I wonder if FFR would sell you just a body and some misc. pieces that were damaged in the wreck? All you'd need after that would be radiator, left suspension, and maybe a steering rack. As a side question, what's that tube with the white piece just above the front tire. Earl's footbox vents?

This car might be a real find if the price is right. Dual rollbars, coated pipes, nice wheels, and who knows what other options lurk beneath the skin.

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
I have several salvage titled cars, I just use them and fix them and reuse them

This would serve the same purpose, rebuild it and drive it, enjoy it and don't tell anyone one it's got a salvage title, take it to the race track and drive it like it is worth nothing. If that's what you think a salvage title is worth.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,695 Posts
I'm wondering about the frame that pic of the engine has that crosswise black piece between the hood struts out of alingment.Donor might be the idea. Ck the prices of a frame and a body from FFR vs a kit. might make this a deal!

·
Uber-Geek
1,606 Posts
Owie.. looks like a "red light run" -
But I don't recognize the car - and if that's right here in Riverside, there aren't a whole lot of us (though the number is increasing)

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
These cars are all salvage cars!

That would be an easy repair...someone buy it and get the body from Bruce Chavernek, would make a nice car.

Not many Mk1's have a double roll bar so I am going with MK2!

How much can it be bought for??

·
Junior Charter Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have not seen the car, it is not in Riverside so I know not much more than you. Surgio, I have several salvage cars also, great to drive for the cost. Race car would be fun. thanks for the info guys/gals etc.
Carey

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Carey,

If you don't want to buy it, let me know, I can probably find someone to buy it and fix it.

it looks complete enough to destroy it just for parts, while all it need is some frame work (again, depending on how damaged it is), radiator, headlights, a new hood hinge and a new Body.

·
Junior Charter Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll Let you know Sergio, It is an on line auction so I have no idea what it will go for. PM me lets talk
Carey

1 - 18 of 18 Posts