Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,326 Posts
I talked to Rob Weatherby (Speed & Assembly - forum vendor) on Saturday. He charges $125/hour for it. Says he's never had one take more than 4 hours while most average around 2.

I sure wouldn't pay a flat $720 for it. Paying by the hour AND being there knowing what was being done - that's a different story.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I paid $300 for 1/2 day on water brake dyno (Superflo dyno).

Every aspect of air/fuel ratio, exhaust gas temp, volumetric efficiency, BSFC, etc., is looked at and adjusted as necessary. This is the second car I have done this way, and will do this as long as this guy is available.

My personal opinion is $720 is too much for water brake deal out of the car, unless you get a full day. The only way you would need a full day is if you were experimenting with intake manifolds, carbs, headers, etc. Just to dial in a carb and the timing shouldn't take that long (we did it in about 7 or 8 good "pulls") Therefore it would be WAY too much (in my opinion) for rear-wheel set up, because set up time is much less on the rear-wheel deal.

td

·
8,275 Posts
$600 for 1/2 day on a Dynojet including an Autologic chip and tuning. It took 14 pulls to get the chip calibration correct.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My engine builder charged me $450 for whatever it took on a Superflo (engine) dyno. That included a full break in routine and 16 pulls to get the engine dialed in. Well worth it in my opinion, but $720 does sound expensive to me.

·
Uber-Geek
1,606 Posts
Make sure you're not comparing apples and oranges here - Carb system vs. EFI system
Unless I'm mistaken us EFI guys get to slap another $300+ on the table just walking in the door for the chip.

I've been quoted $800 flat rate for the same thing here in Sunny SoCal.
However, the shop has an excellent rep. *shrug* whatcha gonna do?

·
Rapscallion
1,969 Posts
I went to Bruce's Speed Shop in Rockaway, NJ. Paid 75.00 for three pulls. Took the sheets and faxed to BG (Demon carbs) and, after their recommendations, went back the following week for another three pulls. Picked up about 40hp.

Roscoe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts