Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I'm to the place where I need to make a decision regarding turn signal solution. Time to show and tell me your turn signal switches, what has been working the best?

Thanks,

Chris.

·
El Conquestador
1,089 Posts
I'm using the Russ Thompson turn signal. He is a vendor, check out his link!

·
Charter Member
1,558 Posts
Russ Thomsons signal

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
If you don't like the Russ Thompson TS, American Autowire makes a toggle that will work the turn signal and the brake lamps without any black boxes or electronic gizmos.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
Russ Thompson's turn signal...

·
2,990 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
Give Gordon Levy a call.

He has a very simple dash mounted turn signal switch. It is operated by a toggle switch and has a build in timer for shut off.

I've had mine 6 years now and I love it.

Mike

[ April 03, 2007, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: mikiec ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,835 Posts
Russ thompson, looks cleaner than the Tristates setup, and its a Volkswagon unit,so quality is'nt problem. you do have to send him your hub for machine work.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,510 Posts
I have one of Richard Oben's from Northracecars.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
Turn Signals, we don't need no stickin turn signals!!!

Having said that, I am using Painless Turn/4-way toggel switch set up.
Tim

·
Junior Charter Member
746 Posts
I am using a toggle with built in LED mounted left of the steering wheel. The I^2 unit has self cancelling signals built in = cats meow!

Troy

·
Premium Member
16,561 Posts

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
I plan on doing similar to rod, but with a simpler momentary switch to work with The I^2 unit w/ self cancelling...the same dash mount and arm sorta thing as above

·
Charter Member
1,386 Posts
I've got the AAW harness, and I went with a little gizmo called BackOff, which operates with two momentary switches. Push down the left (or right) switch for 1 second to turn blinkers on for 6 seconds, 2 seconds for 25, 4 for 75. Push down both switches for 1 second to turn on the flashers, press 'em both again to turn them off.

I have a removable steering wheel, and this was an easy way to get turn signals without a bunch of toggle switches.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts

separate switches left and right. this is a FUN car, gives me something to do.

the passenger is always happy to turn them off when i forget, which is becoming less and less often...

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Hand Signals..

You oughta see my 4-way flashers! :eek:

---

Eddie - You need to re-order your guages in the order of importance..
Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Oil Temp, Fuel, Volts..

I know - where was I when you were figuring all that out? I'll crawl back under my rock now.. :D

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
Another vote for Russ Thompson. Great vendor. He added a momentary switch to the end of his custom stalk [doesn't look like a VW]. I use it for high beams and flash-to-pass. Wiring diagrams to hook this up are included.
Pete

1 - 20 of 30 Posts