Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to look for their vendor link, and couldn't find it. Are they still in business?

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
Maybe they are no longer supporters of FFCars.

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
After all the reports of bad customer service (or NO customer service), it doesn't suprise me. Also, they sell a roadster kit now as well, so maybe Mike may feel there's a conflict.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,485 Posts
There have been many threads about bad customer service from them. I'd shop somewhere else as a precautionary measure if nothing else.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Maybe I was one of the few but I got good service from tri states recently. Ordered a competition dash, it came fast was well packaged, no damage, good price. No complaints here.

Mike M.

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
I inquired about one of the competition dashes as well. No answer to emails or voicemails. Guess they don't need my business.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Probably died a well-deserved death.

·
Super Moderator
29,535 Posts
I had problems with a couple of orders when I built my Roadster. I tried again about 4 month ago for my GT40. No word on my order after 2 weeks. So I called and found out the parts were on backorder. I asked when they would be filled and they didn't know.

I cancelled my order and will not do buisiness with them ever again.

·
FFR Craftsman
702 Posts
I ordered a Competition dash for my MKIII, and got it in two weeks. Good service, great part, excellent price, no complaints. Don't know what to say other than that.

·
Junior Charter Member
68 Posts
Being in the parts business myself, I can see their problem: NO FOLLOW UP. You don't have to be spectacular in the parts business to get a loyal following, but even if you are spectacular and don't communicate with your customers, you're doomed. Simple phone calls and emails are mandatory to keep customers happy, even if it's just to tell them you screwed up, they will appreciate the communication. Hopefully Tri-State will realize this.

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
Did business with them once....NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

·
4,494 Posts
I did a fair amount of business with them during and after my build and always got good service. That was a couple of years ago.

·
Cobra owner
5 Posts
Same experience. Ordered a speedo reverser gear. Called after a couple of weeks, told that Mike would have to call me back. He didn't, I called again, got Mike and he said, oh yea, that order. We'll ship it out tomorrow.
Guess I missed the part of their order process that says you must call twice before they ship!

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
Guys

I just finally got credit from my mastercard from jan 07. Bought a stainless brake kit and a few other things i recieved partial brake line kit mixed with jeep/mustang and nothing else I called mike numerous times. never once called me back, Told me several times parts were to be shipped that day/next day .etc.etc then the girl gave me his cell as i guess she was sick of talking to me, he blamed everyone but himself.and NEVER resolved the problem. he didnt really care.
Most frustrating thing was my
mastercard made me supply copies of phone bills e,mails etc etc,3 times. and gave him 3x 45 days to respond before closing the file.Visa was better they gave him 45 days only.

"DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM TRI-STATES"
would be my advice to anyone. theres more than enough great vendors on here that are awesome.Mike mack has been my only negitive exp.

jimmy O.

[ August 15, 2007, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: cobrabhoy ]

·
Charter Member
225 Posts
There was a thread a couple years back about these guys. I stated then and I'll repeat I'LL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts