Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cobrafied
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an injected 351W with a 190 t stat and the car seems to run at a constant 200-210 degrees. Fans always kick on no matter if its highway or city driving. Is this normal? Never had electric fans on anything before. Thanks. Dan

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
I have a FRPP 392 (430 HP version) with a 190 tstat in my coupe. It has been both injected and carbed. Consistently runs at 200, max 210.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Mine says 80* c or 176* f it's a 408 stroker with twin fans the fan will only run sometimes when stopped or if I'm really running hard. You will need a minimum of 200*F for the sensors to operate properly . Chris richards at mass flo can probably give you a better explanation, Bob

·
Senior Charter Member
1,387 Posts
Dan,

302, EFI, 195 stat. Sender in back driver's side location. Reads 85C/185F. About 10-15 degrees cooler than a thermocouple in the actual fluid going to the radiator.

Mark

·
Senior Charter Member
633 Posts
My car has a stock 225 hp 302 with a 190 t'stat. It runs normally at 200 to 210. I have noticed however, that the higher the amperage load on the electrical system, the higher the reading on the temp gage. I can turn the lights off or the fan off and the temp immediately drops 2 or 3 degrees. Your are probably running at normal temps.

·
Senior Charter Member
6,104 Posts
I have a 190 thermostat and the temp gauge always runs a consistent 212 (unless I am stuck in traffic and forget to turn the fan on.) I have the sending unit provided by the gauge mfg, but have never tried to verify its accuracy.

·
Senior Charter Member
6,104 Posts
I have a 190 thermostat and the temp gauge always runs a consistent 212 (unless I am stuck in traffic and forget to turn the fan on.) I have the sending unit provided by the gauge mfg, but have never tried to verify its accuracy.

·
Charter Member
1,239 Posts
Dan: Another thing I've learned from these guys is that if you put the undersized pulleys on, the car runs warmer. With a stock 5.0, I am in the 200-205 range. In moving traffic the fan is off - radiator getting enough cool air, in local stop & go traffic it runs most of the time.

tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts