Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drilled my gas pedal so that it would accept an AC pedal pad. However, I drilled it too low and now the pad flops around. So I am thinking about going to the u-pick-it yard and grabbing another one. What cars can I pull from and what tools do I need to bring?

·
master craftsman
5,597 Posts
Haven't done it in a while but I believe its just a couple of bolts through the firewall... bring a wrench set and a socket set with a couple of extensions...........should do it,,,,,,,,,Steven

·
Registered
11,828 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I second Russ' pedal. Much smoother. I replaced the pedal cover with the AC one to match my brake and clutch (although I think Russ' actually looked better, just had the others done already).

·
2,860 Posts
Matt L... is that you in the Avitar? We all mess up; take it easy on yourself! :D
:D

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie:
http://www.ffcars.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/094418.html?

Russ Thompson's gas pedal is rediculously recommended. so much i threw my extra Mustang pedal in the trash.

the mustang pedal is a wierd angle. i hate to inflate your budget but this one is a matter of safety IMHO

http://www.norcal-cobras.com/store/russ_garage/russ_garage.htm

you can get the matching brake and clutch pedal covers for a few bucks more.
Budget?! What budget?! It's all shot to s**t. I really don't have the cash for this now, but I guess you're right...

Do this car for $18k?!?!?! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
The best (non-performance related) upgrades in my car were:
Russ' Gas Pedal
18:1 Manual Rack
Rear Coil Overs

In that order.

I feel the impact of these 3 things every time I get in the car, so it's worth the money to buy Russ' pedal.

It's also easy to adjust the mounting location to make sure that when you push the pedal to the back wall, the TB is fully opened. So that won't put any undue stress on the cable.

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
Easily agree with Dan! (Except switched from FR manual to Power Steering - might be an age thing)
Russ's gas pedal makes both efi and carb engine throttle management MUCH nicer!!
Rear Coil Over ... such a smoother ride!

·
Charter Member
926 Posts
Another vote for Russ's pedal.

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
I don't have it, but if Russ makes it, get it.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts