Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There could be a number of answers to this question I know. The vibration comes in at around 3000 rpms, does not happen without being in gear (just revving the motor) and does not happen when the car is coasting. I would think this would narrow it down to the tranny. I was thinking the flywheel. Any other suggestions.

Also how much benifit would I get from replacing the stock flywheel (bad or not) with an aluminum one. I may just start there and see what happens. Thanks,

·
Official OLD GUY
3,793 Posts
We need a whole lot more info to tackle this issue; engine (home built or crate engine), transmission, car type (Roadster, Coupe, any other F5 car) , rear end (independant, 3-link, 4-link), any recent changes to the drivetrain?
Thinking the flywheel is a guess at best, after you stated that it doesn't do it unless in gear ( "just revving the motor" ). Engine imbalance shows up all the time . . .
From what you have asked, and the info you supplied so far, I'd lean toward a pinion angle issue, or a loose motor / tranny mount.

Fill in the blanks and we'll help you isolate your issue. Looking at your post count, I have to say; Welcome to the forum.
There is wealth of talent and wisdom here, all you need to do is ask.

Doc

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is something I see being stated a lot with the spiritual, enlightened, or awakened communities. What the hell does this mean exactly? And how do I do it? In electromagnetism, frequency is how many complete wavelengths of light are emitted in a unit of time. With regards to computers, it’s how many calculations can be performed within a unit of time. A frequency is basically a repeating cycle. How does this apply to the human body? Am I emitting certain brain waves at a higher frequency or something? Is it possible to be consciously aware of vibrating at a higher frequency? Am I somehow making my cells vibrate? If someone could clarify, I would appreciate it. I have never been able to find a “how to” on this.

·
Official OLD GUY
3,793 Posts
Quote: "Am I emitting certain brain waves at a higher frequency or something? Is it possible to be consciously aware of vibrating at a higher frequency? "

That's just about every car guy know . . .

Doc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts