Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4.6L out of an '07 with the compressor intact. Reading through the installation docs I see no significant reference to the compressor. Is the one I have going to work? Should I be using a different one? Does anyone know if it will fit? Also what about the wiring. I presume the stock compressor is wired to get signals from the computer.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes it will work.I have an 06 4.6 with the compressure on it.As for the the wiring.The Vinage Air control panel will turn it on.Just fellow the wiring diagram for the trinary switch.I wire my to the low speed fan relay in the ECM.I can't seem to up load any pictures now.But if you PM me with your e-mail address.I can send you some of my set up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again.

To close the loop for other's benefit, I didn't see the last message about removing the compressor until after I put the engine in. I was actually able to put the engine in just fine with the compressor in place. There was one bolt that I wish I had cut down as it put two decent size scratches in the power coasting of the upper control arm (I did have it wrapped but the bolt cut through). Other than that, no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.