Factory Five Racing Forum banner

What can I put inside wheel wells?

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  emac 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations with regards to a liner I can bond to the underside of the wheel wells to help absorb the impact of stones? Some sort of rubberized liner or something. I plan on doing the bedliner thing throughout but I was thinking of an additional layer of something...??

Anyone have experience with adhesive products used for this purpose??

Thanks

Marc

#2 ·
neoprene shorts or neoprene wet suit cut to fit, weldwood contact cement used for formica tops.

#8 ·
Marc,

I installed Alex's Wheel Well Liners and they finished off the wheel wells so nicely it almost looks OEM. They fit perfectly with very little cutting and really seal up the areas where water and stones would normally get in. A very easy install and they should last for years. One of the best products for this purpose.

Jim in Pa

#5 ·
Like Riptide, I glued in panels of closed cell foam but next time I'll buy the wheel well liners.

#6 ·
I have several extra layers of bedliner in the wheel wells. Short of driving on gravel roads, it's all you need and it will last forever.

#7 ·
3M makes a product that comes in self adheisive sheets. It is about 3/16" thick. Mack uses it on the inner fenders of R model hoods. Any Mack dealer that has a body shop should know how to get it. I used it on my car and I am pretty Happy with it.

#11 ·
I used spray on rubberized undercoat. Used three cans for about 3 or 4 coats per wheel well.

#14 ·
Wheel wells

I used some left over butyl based sound deadener which I had used to line the cockpit and trunk. I put about a 12" x 30" section in each wheel well, more to the rear. I'm thinking this will protect the body as debris gets thrown up from the rear of the tire. I used a heat gun to gently warm the sheets so that it could be really pressed onto the body. It is stuck on there well. I then painted on a black undercoating. This was all good for >15,000 miles.

Now, after having done all that, earlier this year I went with Alex's wheel well liners. As said by others, they finish off the wheel wells very nicely. But do they fit a coupe?

Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.