Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car arrives soon and I know i need to start looking into wheels and tires. What size tires fit best? What was the backspacing you used on your rims? Does anyone have pics of what they used? Thanks so much for all your help. I know this will just be the begining of my plethora of questions.

·
Really Senior Member
540 Posts
Bill, as has been said numerous times, tire/wheel combinations are about as numerous as paint schemes. A lot depends on your chassis i.e front LCA's, IRS, pin drive, etc. You have at least two considerations. One being to clear the chassis components under the body, and the other is keeping the wheels/tires under the fender. You also need to keep in consideration suspension travel and wheel rub. One thing you probably can count on is front wheels being a max of 9". With 17" X 9" wheels on the front the widest tire your going to get away with is probably 275-40's. You should try to stick to 5.75" to 6.00" BS on the front without pin drive. There's a little more leeway in the rear if you care to have different wheel/tire sizes. 10" to 10 1/2" is fairly commom. Someone else needs to chime in on this on the larger sizes, but I think you may be able to get 295's on the rear, and with frame mods on the MK II, 315's. You probably need to post your setup and ask what folks have used, and pick from there. I have Replica Cobra R (chrome) on all four corners, 5.75 BS, with 275-40/17's. Here's a pic:

·
Junior Charter Member
1,066 Posts
Welcome Bill! Check out this thread in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section of this web site: http://www.ffcars.com/FAQ/wheelgallery.html

That should confuse you enough to give you some more specific questions. But don't feel bad. Choosing tires and wheels is one of the more challenging parts of completing your car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks all for your help, i will look through it all and then come back armed with questions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.