Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some Heims for my IRS arms, does anyone know the size and if there are better alternatives than just going to FFR for them?
I think they are all right hand 3/4-16 with a 5/8" center eye. Found some on Speedway automotive for $30 each, found another part number in my notes 60745K28 for $45 each.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Mike

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,618 Posts
I have a bunch I can sell you

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM sent! Thanks for the reply Gordon.

Mike

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I would be looking at the HMR10-12 for $32 each? Thanks for the link

Mike

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
A quality bearing is expensive, $30-40 each. For the rear expect to pay around $300 just for the bearings. Don't cheap out here. Buy from a reliable guy like Gordon and be done with it.

Replace the lock nuts and dust covers at the same time. Don't be tempted to re-use the old ones.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,717 Posts
I agree w/ Bob but will say I usually back off the most expensive by a notch. In general you want 3 piece teflon or ptfe lined and all steel construction. Once you have the exact size google it and many sources will appear. I have bought quite a few from Summit. This is another source for the high end stuff.
https://secure.chassisshop.com/default.aspx?serverid=TCS
I did a 2015 IRS upgrade last winter and used the ones FFR supplied. I don't know what they are but they seem to be good quality so they would be a great no research needed source.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts