Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the MAD Electrical website I have decided to ditch the brand new Powermaster one wire alternator that I have and go with a set up that has remote voltage sensing capability. I want something with an internal cooling fan, small case designe, and remote voltage sensing capability, but I dont know how to find it at the parts store. I think what I am after is a 6G alternator but I dont know if they have remote sensing and all the ones that I have seen are in the 140-200amp models in the $300 range.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Trevor

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Trevor, check out http://www.pa-performance.com/Scripts/default.asp They have several different types, including both the GM and Ford designs. You might give them a call for a recommendation. IMO, unless you have a big stereo or a PA system you need to power, all you need is about 95 amps. I use the small case 95 amp 3G. It's doesn't take up as much room as the larger ones do, and seems to have all the power I need. PA Performance also sells the wiring pigtail to connect the alternator to the chassis wiring.
One thing about MAD electrical, Mark is a great guy, but is very opinionated. I followed some of his instructions in wiring my car, but not everything. John

·
The Never-Ending Builder
5,329 Posts
Trevor,

You can also get the 3G 130 Amp unit from Mark Breeze, for $30.00 less that PA, plus Mark is one of our vendors, and gives us great service.

And get the new harness while your at it, makes the wiring Soooo much easier.

Hank

·
beginner
32 Posts
Or if you're junkyard hopping for parts to clean up, or going past an autozone, an alt. from a early to mid 90's taurus wagon 3.8l, with a/c was a 3g 130 amp.

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
I had PA-Performance powdercoat mine. Real nice piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.