Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by the Factory today to see Daves new ride. What a car, IRS, Pindrives, Smiths, Stacks, 4 into 4's, Oil cooler... very nicely done. I remember everyone asking the tire sizes because they loved the fit. Well here goes... On the rear he has 15X9.5's with a 295-50-15 and on the front he is running 15X7.5's with a 235-60-15. In the rear you can barely slip your finger between the fender lip and the tire.
While there we also took a closer look at David Rhea's car. His is the one that was at the Carlisle show with the 3 link and 315's on the back. We talked with him about some of the custom touches he added to his car. These mods included the hand made body that he made himself. Its half fiberglas and half Carbon Fiber. You end up with a much thinner and lighter but also stonger body. It is also easier to work with because the outer shell of the body is actually the regular gel coat that we are used to seeing. He also fabricated a real nice hood hinge that may be soon be offered instead of the normal flimsy unit they have now. He also did a little reworking of the rear tubing in order to comfortably fit a 315 in there! Nice job Dave...All in all a nice trip up and back on a rainy day.

Mike

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
I'd have to ditto that post because i was the passanger! Hee Hee

Rgds

Rob

[ November 17, 2002, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Rob ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.