Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got to stop spending money. :D I went past $20k today with the $900+ order from Summit. I sure hope the car looks like I've got that much invested.

The frame's all painted and I've got all the donor parts prepped with the exception of the engine. Started putting the aluminum back on in order to drill all the holes first before painting the engine bay pieces. It feels good to actually be working on the car instead of taking the donor apart or just painting on the frame.

Gotta be ready by the March FFROG meeting in Atlanta. Hope to see you all there!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Feels good huh, have fun with it and take your time. Yeah nearly shit when I went over $30,000.00 My budget was $25,000 plus paint $ body, looks like I'll end up somewhere around $35,000 complete. ;)
MIKE

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
Once I got into the mid $20Ks I stopped counting. I've saved every receipt but I still haven't added it all up. I don't want to know. It's not over either. For my Christmas presents to me I'm ordering about $1,000 in upgrades including the three link. It never ends! Next year maybe the Kenne-Bell
?

·
6,546 Posts
Do you ever count the money you spend on beer?

Did you ever count the money you spent on flowers, dinners and "stuff" while you were single?

Think on THAT one for a while.

Crap, the beer bill alone was probably more than my no-donor FFR.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
I counted the money I haven't spent on cigarettes since I quit smoking in 1985. I got my Cobra free. Actually, I still have about $4500 left to spend.

Happy motoring

·
6,546 Posts
Joe, add a supercharger to your 'tater, that should about do it. :D

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi,
I don't know how you can count the $$$ if you are having fun. Look at a trip to Disney, a cruise. The value of enjoyment can't be measured. I went to a wake of a customer a few weeks ago. I hadn't seen him or his girlfriend in years. No regrets from her as she knew how much his car brought him pleasure. Sure he spent $$$, but it was what he loved besides her. It is better to have lost love, than to never had had it (someone famous said that I'm sure). I spent over 80K building just one racecar. The thrill... What a blast!!! I need another fix...
Mike Forte

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I've saved every single recept and have never added them up...I dont know,I dont want to know,I'll probably never know,and I know I dont want my wife to know.To me I guess it just dosent matter.And Rick's right the spending never stops... to me winter will always mean upgrades :D .

[ October 26, 2002, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Smitty ]

·
Charter Member
1,766 Posts
My last project was an airplane. I never did add up the cost. I didn't really want to know.I had a great time building the thing, I enjoyed flying it untill I sold it and never gave the financial loss a second thought.I figure I paid for all the fun and things I learned. Now I'm starting the cobra and I won't add that up either. When people ask "how much" I'll tell them more than I want to know. Jeff

·
6,546 Posts
Alain, if you spend properly you can leave the lights on...preferably so.

LoL

·
Charter Member
130 Posts
Don't start worrying till you get past the 50k mark :eek:
Good thing my wife does not pay the bills :D

Jason

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, I'm not worrying about it. Just amazed that it's that much already and I haven't painted ir and am really just getting started. I hope to finish for around $25K. And the wife doesn't care either. That's one good part. She knows how much I've wanted this car. Hope to see you all in Atlanta in March!

·
6,546 Posts
Camcorder?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, Alain, this one's for you:

You GO!

:D

[ October 27, 2002, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Ozona ]

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Still building and afraid to look at how much spent and how much to go!
TEC

·
Premium Member
18,168 Posts
Well, I hate to admit this. But I'm pushing $30K, and the bare frame is still sitting on blocks! The only thing I've assembled is the motor. And I still have lots of parts to buy, a paint job......

Doesn't look good, does it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts