Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rolled the car out of the garage this afternoon and took it for a spin.

The engine runs like crap....Tim, Need you to help me set the timing and the TPS...but it was cool to get it off the jackstands and on the road.

My ride height is off...How many coils on average to people have on the rear spring post? I think I've only got 2 and the cars about 1 inch too low.

I think I still have a small coolant leak, but it looks like the gas leaks are fixed.

Now I need to button the car up so I can set the body on. It will be nice to get rid of that body buck on stilts and have some extra room to work in the garage.

Nice to be at this point. It won't be long now, I hope.

·
3,645 Posts
dan-
do you still need the brake lit switch. I completely forgot about it, but can send it tomorrow

thanks

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I do need it still.

I appreciate it. I'll PM you my address.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
Congrats Dan!!! You're getting there.

·
6,546 Posts
Dan:

You'll want to set the TPS first, then the fuel pressure, then the timing.

TPS is easy, turn key on, leave engine off.

Put a sewing needle into the green wire that goes into the sensor. Attach meter to it.

You want it to read between .85 and .98 volts with the throttle closed. Adjust as necessary. On my Napa replacement part i had to enlarge the mounting holes to get it adjusted properly with my Accufab TB.

You set the fuel pressure with the vacuum disconnected from the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Set it for 38 lbs and see how she does. It should drop when you plug the vacuum back in.

Don't forget to take out the SPOUT connector when you time the car and PUT IT BACK when you're done. I'd recommend 12 - 14 degrees.

Congratulations - it's a heck of a milestone!!

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The steering was fantastic. I made 2 U-Turns and didn't even know that I don't have power steering.

I got the entire steering setup from Whitby's. I have the 18:1 manual rack, solid bushings, upper & lower shaft, and rag joint eliminator.

I only got the car up to about 20MPH and the u-turns were very slow. I'm sure the car will feel great at higher speeds. At low speeds, I could turn the car with one hand....don't try that with the donor non-powered rack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts