Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
12,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that some welding may be required for my FFR build. I know about the tube relocation for the brake booster. Do I have to add reinforcements for hood or trunk hinges or gas struts?...Does anyone have pics of good locations for ground studs...What about seatbelt mounts? I have to haul it over to my welding guy, so I'd like to try to plan it all at once. Or, should I learn to weld?

· FFCobra Craftsman
1,061 Posts
The brake booster mod might be the only welding needed (of the things you listed), everything else is already there from the factory.

Grounding can be achieved with bolts or screws. If you want studs you'll have to weld them too, but it's not nessasary.

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: GregR ]

· Super Moderator
29,342 Posts
The FFR Cobra kit does not require any welding. The only time welding is required is if you are making mods or improvements.

-Bill

· Super Moderator
29,342 Posts
Thank you Mike. I stand corrected. Since I'm going with the Breeze upper/middle pieces, I eliminated the welding.

-Bill

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: 2FAST4U ]

6,544 Posts
I'm sorry, but I call B.S. on you not needing any welding with 557 Cubic Inches!!

You're gonna have to weld on a pair of depends!! :D

Holy Smokes that's a big motor!

Post Pics already, will ya?

Ozona

· Administrator
9,547 Posts
You have to do the brake pedal mod and the steering shaft. After the car is done, you might want to have a muffler shop cut the J-pipe and reweld it up so tha the side pipes sit nice and high up like the orginal Cobra's do. I did that, it really made the car look right.

· Super Moderator
29,342 Posts
Ozona-

I can't stop laughing. What a way to start the week. I may wear some Depends on the first ride.

I don't have any pictures yet. Basically, it's a 460 with a 4.3 stroker crank, and a 4.540 piston. It will have Blue Thunder aluminum heads completely CNC'd (2.33 intake valves, and 1.88 exhasut valves), Isky mechanical roller with .640/.640 lift, and a dual plane manifold and 950 cfm carb.

I wanted to go with Webers, but after talking with the people at Inglese Induction Systems, my cam is too radical. I may someday go with a stack conversion by Force or Blower Drive Service (BDS).

I have already exceeded my engine budget - $12K. Almost as much for the %&$%# engine as the kit itself.

The only welding I was planning on doing was to the rear chassis to use 315 tires.

Bill-

What pedal mods are you talking about? HELP!!

-Bill (#2)

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: 2FAST4U ]

· Administrator
9,547 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2FAST4U:
Ozona-

Bill-

What pedal mods are you talking about? HELP!!

-Bill (#2)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You cut the brake pedal per the FFR manual to get more leverage. It's easy to do and any welder can knock it out in 5 minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.