Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have slight knocking/thumping sound when I push in the clutch. The car drives fine and there are no other indications that there is a problem other than the noise. The noise isn't loud, it's barely even noticable but still causes concern. Any thoughts? Boy do I love driving this thing...body or not, people love it.
Thanks,
Ryan

[ October 06, 2002, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: rlogan ]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Throw out bearing noise is most prominent with clutch out and trans in neutral or as you just start to push clutch in.

If noise is with clutch totally engaged (all the way in; pedal depressed) doubt it is throw out.

My noise was actually the clutch fork with a defective spring steel retainer.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Does it happen as you get close to the bottom of the floor? Mine makes a slight "knock" as it gets close to the bottom of the floor. It works fine, just a small noise I'm used to now.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It happens pretty much much immediately as you press in on the pedal and all the way down. All components are brand new except the transmission which I rebuilt. It's not a loud noise, mainly just a bit annoying. I wonder if maybe the pressure plate is a bit out of alignment and it's causing the clutch arm to wobble or something, but there's no vibration.?

[ October 07, 2002, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: rlogan ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts