Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MKI kit which I finished about two years ago and I have just noticed that the body is closer to the wheels on the passneger side front and driver side rear. Is this possible? I originally had the ride hight set at 4.75 inches but I had to move it up on the driver side so that I wouldnt get body rub(have rear coilovers). Is it ok to run the coil overs at different hights in order to get the wheels to fill the wheel wells evenly or should i set the hight based on the frame rails and make sure it doent rub on the body. Maybe Im being anal but I just want to ask because its bugging me.

·
5,573 Posts
ride height etc needs to be set in relation to the frame. The body is just cosmetic. If it frustrates you then you should maybe wait till the fall, pull the body and look into the issue further. Messing with the suspension to get the body relationship right will result in handling oddities.

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts
Muck,
Messing with the ride heights at different corners can cause you to end up with a tricycle and tires not loaded equally which can lead to quirky braking and handling.
Make sure you have the front coils set as a pair and the rear height set level left to right. Front to rear is not as critical.

Mess with the body / frame relationship on its own without touching the suspension.

Good luck.

d

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts