Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
16,319 Posts
I would work the spring collars to try and get the cross down to closer to 50%, but you will probably also need to be sitting in the car to get a real accurate measurement.

Yes, don't forget the fuel!

The FFR PDG GTM carries up to 264 lbs of fuel, and it can effect the setup substantially.

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would work the spring collars to try and get the cross down to closer to 50%, but you will probably also need to be sitting in the car to get a real accurate measurement.

Yes, don't forget the fuel!

The FFR PDG GTM carries up to 264 lbs of fuel, and it can effect the setup substantially.
Yes, i haven't adjusted for right left % yet. I'll do it this weekend.

question, do i need to have the tanks full when doing it? Both takes are the aluminum tanks purchased on this site (forget the seller). They look identical to me and if the gas is low VS full i would imagine it would still be fairly close? Is this a bad assumption?

Are the tanks full? 18x6=108 That's really good. I think I came in @ 2725

Ron
with you in it? I have a lot of extras in this i can't imagine that my car would be right at your cars weight??

· Registered
16,319 Posts
It shouldn't matter for left to right since the tanks are equalized, but it will add a bit of rear bias. Remember, the only way to adjust front-rear or left-right weight is to physically move the weight. Everything else is done with cross weights. It's a balancing act to keep the ride height correct and end up with a near 50% cross. Takes some time to get right and not much of an issue on the street, but if you get to pushing the envelope a bit, these types of details will make a big difference.

1,480 Posts
Yes, i haven't adjusted for right left % yet. I'll do it this weekend.

question, do i need to have the tanks full when doing it? Both takes are the aluminum tanks purchased on this site (forget the seller). They look identical to me and if the gas is low VS full i would imagine it would still be fairly close? Is this a bad assumption?

with you in it? I have a lot of extras in this i can't imagine that my car would be right at your cars weight??
That would be me. How are the tanks working out for you? Ron

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be me. How are the tanks working out for you? Ron
Tanks are great! I don't think my fuel level indicator is correct i may need to set it. it shows 1/4 tank when i'm empty (i have to look at that). No complaints here :) I love the tanks.

Is that weight without interior and paint? With the Recardo and that trbro set up I would have thought you would be 250lbs heavier.
The interior is in. No paint on the car. I don't have the doors on or any of the the glass. I'm guessing another 75ish LBs so 2600 should be a real close curb weight.

It shouldn't matter for left to right since the tanks are equalized, but it will add a bit of rear bias. Remember, the only way to adjust front-rear or left-right weight is to physically move the weight. Everything else is done with cross weights. It's a balancing act to keep the ride height correct and end up with a near 50% cross. Takes some time to get right and not much of an issue on the street, but if you get to pushing the envelope a bit, these types of details will make a big difference.
What's optimal, knowing this car is going to be a street car. Am I looking for less rear bias? Wouldn't more give me more traction? I do get that the right and left weights need to be close. I just don't understand the rest... yet. Still trying to find out how to scale the car correctly. Any advise is welcomed.

· Registered
16,319 Posts
Setup has very much to do with what the car is being used for, and how it acts dynamically. More static rear weight will indeed provide better grip in the rear, but you don't want to put that weight out behind the rear axle line as this can be bad, dynamically. Too much rear weight bias and the front end will be light and the car will be "jittery" when under hard accelleration. Everything is a balancing act that is defined by what the vehicle will be used for, and how it is acting. In these cars, for the street, I would set it up with as close to 50% left to right, and 50% cross as possible. Let the rear bias fall where it may.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.