Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· FFCobra Fanatic
4,082 Posts
Just maybe? I changed out my tires & rims(put the PSEs back on) and would like to see how 'ol #1437 handles?:w00t:
Butch

PS
Anyone looking for a great deal on 4 Weld - lite 15"wheels?

· Registered
VMS Backdraft #2372
488 Posts
Have fun everyone. Heading out of town for a little while. Will be in New Orleans and Florida for the next 3 weeks.

· Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carson to Cougar to Woodland with a stop at Merwin Lake for a picnic lunch would be doable. Anyone have a specific preference for Sat or Sun? I'm open for either like Dave.
DonC

· Registered
VMS Backdraft #2372
488 Posts
The road is good but now they tore out a bridge. Stay off the river road till next year. Have fun everyone. I know I will. New Orleans here I come then off to Florida. Butch tell Mel to leave her phone on incase I need help.:):):):)

· Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Matt:
Thanks for the information. Looks like we'll wait for that route till next year.
James:
Was thinking Sunday. Looks like it will be the better of the two days.

Does the plan sound o.k.? Dave, you can meet us in Washougal at the Pendleton Mill parking lot.
Figure a 10:00 take off from the Onion should put us at Merwin Dam around noon or a bit after. Don't forget to bring your chairs and something for lunch.
DonC

· FFCobra Fanatic
4,082 Posts
I'll ask Mel which way she wants to drive? We were kinda thinking of going around Mt.Hood to be in the sun a little bit more? Our vote would be for Saturday with Sunday our 2nd choice.(lol)
How much smoke up that way Matt & Dave from the forest fires?
Butch

PS
Matt, I'll tell Mel.:001_smile:
I'm sure you can find a good "bench" somewhere on your trip. (lol)Have fun & be safe & send pics to Mel.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
DonC
Can you give me an idea of the route, I have a customer who lives in eastern Vancouver at the border with Camas & will be working in Woodland that I am trying to hook up with. (can meet with them in either location)

Sunday vote.

thanks
James

· Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
James:
I205 north to SR 14, SR 14 to Carson, Wind River Rd/Meadow Creek Rd./Curly Creek Rd. to NF 90 through Cougar (becomes SR 503) to Merwin Dam. SR 503 into Woodland with an alternate of going back around the east end of the lake and coming back in on 503 south to Battleground/Vancouver.
I'm planning on Sunday unless there are more that need to go on Saturday.
DonC

· Cascade Cobras
791 Posts
Gonna be in the Race for the Cure on Sunday so you guys have a safe and fun run and maybe I'll see some of ya at the Cascade Station Cars and Coffee tomorrow.

Eric

· FFCobra Fanatic
4,082 Posts
Looks like we all are heading in differant directions this wknd.:001_smile: Mel & I are heading south down to Mt. Angel to the October Fest. Everybody be safe & have a good time.
Butch

· Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dave:
10;30 sounds about right.
Just heard from Gary Huwa that Ron Tonkin Ferarri is going to move into the old Grand Prix Motors building on Eligsen and are having an open house on Sunday afternoon. Something to think about if anyone wants to keep heading south as we come back in from Woodland.
DonC

· Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
New routing to get to the Onion from Hwy 213. You can no longer make a left turn at the 1st traffic light onto Clackamas River Rd. You have to turn RIGHT at the light (as if you're going to Home Depot) and then turn right again at the traffic light at the bottom of the little hill. Thiis will take you under Hwy 213 and up to a new traffic circle where you bear right to the Onion. Sounds a little hokey but, in truth, not that complicated once you do it.
DonC

· Registered
237 Posts
Dave:
10;30 sounds about right.
Just heard from Gary Huwa that Ron Tonkin Ferarri is going to move into the old Grand Prix Motors building on Eligsen and are having an open house on Sunday afternoon. Something to think about if anyone wants to keep heading south as we come back in from Woodland.
DonC
I can't go for the drive in the morning but I am heading to Ron Tonkins new place in Willsonville in the afternoon. I believe it starts at 3:00.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.