Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are weatherpack connections on the front and back for the Ron Francis wiring harness. The front is the small weatherpack connections while the back is the large ones.

I have the removal tool for the large connectors. Is there a similar one for the small connectors? I put the front wiring for the turn signal and headlight together before the body was put on, and now I need to remove the connectors!!

An option is to just cut the wires and put on butt connectors, but that won't be as pretty!! :smile2:

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Straighten a paperclip. Then slide it in the top notch and push the lock down and slide the pin out the back. It'll take a little patience but they will go. It may help to slide the pin forward and then push the paperclip in.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
I used the smallest jeweler's screwdriver I had. It provides a bit more "beef" than the paperclip.

John

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried a paper clip as well as small eye glasses screwdrivers, and they didn't seem to work. I'll try again as well as search for a metripack.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is on my list as well!

Steve

·
Registered
439 Posts
I use this tool. lisle 14900. available at most auto parts stores

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok, stupid question time. Did you remove the blue lock on the back of the connector? Not trying to offend, just trying to help. Slip a screw driver under the clips and remove that first. You'll then slide the paperclip or jewelers screw drive in the top keyway and find the lock on top of the pin. I've removed the pin with a paperclip for years before getting the tool. If you still want the tool send me a pm.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Google metri pak and look at the images. You will see how the paper clip depresses the clip and allows the terminal to be pulled out. Here is what I found.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, stupid question time. Did you remove the blue lock on the back of the connector? Not trying to offend, just trying to help. Slip a screw driver under the clips and remove that first. You'll then slide the paperclip or jewelers screw drive in the top keyway and find the lock on top of the pin. I've removed the pin with a paperclip for years before getting the tool. If you still want the tool send me a pm.
There was no blue lock on the back of the connector for the small ones - they are only on the large ones in my wiring harness.

I ordered a tool just because. I used a hat pin to get the connectors out but I'm dangerous with something that sharp and that bends pretty easily!!:smile2:

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
All the connectors I fooled with were like the one in the picture Chris found; I didn't find any that pulled to seat.

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts