Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know vendors have kits for the roadster, but I have a gift certificate for Summit that I have to use. Obviously I need 4 sets of connectors, but how many pins in each connector? 3?
Thanks,
Doug

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
It depends upon what you are using them for. If you are using them for the front and rear lighting you will need eight. Four in the rear and four in the front, all three pin.

Summit carries the MSD weatherpaks, I'm not sure if they have a "Summit" brand or not...

HTH...
Mark

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark,
Yes, my mistake, I meant 8 not 4. 3 pin it is, thanks,
Doug

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Mark got it right.
Yes the 3 pins should work fine and you'll need at least 8, but get a couple extras. That means, up front a male and female 3 pin for each Headlight and turn signal. In the rear, a 3 pin for each of the lights +, -, and ground for each. Don't forget the license plate light either. Also, supply yourself with an extra set of male and femal pins and the seals (they are inexpensive).

Kouros

·
Registered
5,905 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Dfresh...... for a few bucks get the pin removal tool.... just in case you snap one of those puppies in and need to get it out.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Convincor...

Yes, there are cheaper places to purchase them, but if the guy has a $50 gift certificate (or whatever amount) it basically amounts to getting them for free in my book...

When wiring them be sure to use one male and one female for each side of the harness. This way you won't accidentally plug the brake light into the turn signal or headlight into the parking light.

HTH...
Mark

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Originally posted by convincor:
You can get them here $2.70 a set.
http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=69
Of course you can also go to WAYTEK Wire & Cable and get them cheaper still PLUS they will actually ship your order.

Last I heard a few around here were still waiitng for "fordfuelinjection" to ship september and october orders, and actually get a reply to their e-mails.

-SB

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I had planned to show Summit the lower prices on the other websites, they usually will match the price. I'm just trying to get all the odds and ends from Summit at once since I have the GC. They are usually pretty good about matching prices.
Doug

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Originally posted by Mustang Man:
It depends upon what you are using them for. If you are using them for the front and rear lighting you will need eight. Four in the rear and four in the front, all three pin.
8 or 6? 4 in the rear plus 2 in the front for turn signals. The front headlights use an H1 connector which is all you really need - just unplug it at the lights. The way I figure it, adding more connectors just adds more voltage loss and therefore dims your lights.

You may want to add 2 2-pin ones at the back for the rear license plate light. That way, if you ever need to remove the trunk it's a snap.

If you're buying in bulk just get all 3 pin ones and I'll send you a few "cavity plugs" to seal up the unused connectors for the license plate hookup.

You may also want to look at getting some 6 pin ones so you can unplug and remove your dashboard.

Waytek will be MUCH cheaper, plus they charge ACTUAL shipping costs so it will only cost you $5 for shipping instead of $20.

- SB

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
The H1 connector is inside the black plastic bulb housing, requiring you to remove the chrome trim and headlamp to disconnect. The wiring will also still be trapped inside said housing due to the small hole and grommet the wires pass through. You'd have to remove the wires from the H1 connector to pull them out of the black plastic housing. If you install a Weatherpak or other connector OUTSIDE the black plastic light housing of the headlamp you won't need to touch the light assembly at all.

Sporty, I also just got my parts from Ryan last Friday that I ordered only about 10 days prior. He did email me back and said he had some health problems and was recently married, both of which compounded the delays in shipping and responses the last month or so.

I'm sure he'll explain further if he feels there is a need, but I got my stuff in a decent amount of time.

Mark

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Originally posted by Mustang Man:
Convincor...

Yes, there are cheaper places to purchase them, but if the guy has a $50 gift certificate (or whatever amount) it basically amounts to getting them for free in my book...

HTH...
Mark
In that case I'd get them from the cheaper source and spend the gift $$ on something useful like maybe an extra fire extinguisher rather than through the money out the window. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Let's stick to the topic. The question was not help deciding where to get them, but how many are needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.