Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone have the parts # for weather pack connectors for headlights/turn/brakes or should I just buy the kit from replicaparts.com?
and should I be looking for 3 pin, 4 pin, or both?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Tha k
does anyone have the parts # for weather pack connectors for headlights/turn/brakes or should I just buy the kit from replicaparts.com?
[/QUO

Thanks Chewy

I was on that website I bought the under dash I did not see the weather packs. I think I will buy them.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and any crimpers anyone would recommend?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get my Delphi connectors from theelectricaldepot.com. Decent prices and has lots of options when it comes to connectors.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get my Delphi connectors from theelectricaldepot.com. Decent prices and has lots of options when it comes to connectors.
thanks. from what i'm understanding, i'll need 2 4pin connectors for the headlights, and 6 3pin connectors for the turn/brake lights, correct?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok. after pricing individual pieces from theelectricaldepot, replicaparts pack is actually cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
EChewy

Did you see that when you click on the pack that it suggest that you get the tool with it.

Its $120 used. With the ability to return it for a $100 refund.

Jason

·
Not a waxer
11,629 Posts
thanks. from what i'm understanding, i'll need 2 4pin connectors for the headlights, and 6 3pin connectors for the turn/brake lights, correct?
Eugene,
Not correct. You'll use a total of 8 three pin connectors for all.

Headlights:
---High
---Low
---Ground

Front marker lamps:
---Low element (parking lights)
---High element (turn signal)
---Ground

Rear upper lamps:
---Low element (tail lights)
---High element (brake lights)
---Ground

Rear lower lamps:
---Ground

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tool and weather pack kit.
but i'd still need to buy additional male/female terminals, as the kit only contains 1 3pin set of terminals.
i think that Mike Everson's package is still the most reasonable one at this time.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks everyone.
it seems like unless you're ordering in bulk, it's a better deal to order from Mike.
male/female housings are around $2 for a pair, terminals are $0.40 a piece, and seals are $0.25 a piece.
for 8 pairs of housings (3pin), 48 terminals, and 48 seals you're paying way more than the $30 mike charges.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I bought a whole kit from somewhere with a good tool. I used it for the build and for several other projects since. Remember, building your car is also a good excuse for increasing your tool inventory!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IWISS Weather Pack Crimp Tool for AWG 24-14 Crimping Delphi Weather Pack Terminals or Metri-Pack Connectors- Crimp Terminals and Seal In ONE Cycle with Locator & Removal Extraction Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GB698KV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IcljEbP14Q6C8

Found this crimper. Much cheaper than the $100 Delphi one and also crimps wire and seal in one squeeze. Arriving tonight. Review to follow.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Eugene,
Not correct. You'll use a total of 8 three pin connectors for all.

Headlights:
---High
---Low
---Ground

Front marker lamps:
---Low element (parking lights)
---Ground

Rear upper lamps:
---High element (brake lights)
---Ground

Rear lower lamps:
---Ground
Fyi Jeff, Mike sends 4 pin connectors meant to be used for the headlights. He says this prevents confusing the headlight and turn signal wires.

·
Registered
696 Posts
IWISS Weather Pack Crimp Tool for AWG 24-14 Crimping Delphi Weather Pack Terminals or Metri-Pack Connectors- Crimp Terminals and Seal In ONE Cycle with Locator & Removal Extraction Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GB698KV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IcljEbP14Q6C8

Found this crimper. Much cheaper than the $100 Delphi one and also crimps wire and seal in one squeeze. Arriving tonight. Review to follow.
Looks very similar to the one I bought with an orientation attachment.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts