·
Premium Member
10,662 Posts

·
Administrator
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Testing image uploading.

So far I have been unable to replicate this.

Can you tell me which device, operating system, and browser you are using to access the site?

Are you waiting to make sure the image is fully uploading before clicking to send?

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
10,662 Posts

·
Administrator
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
PC / Windows 10 / 64 Bit

I was successful in posting the pictures you see in posts 121 & 122. However, when I try to post those pictures to a thread in Wayne's Pub forum, it doesn't work.

Please see the screenshot below.

View attachment 356781
@Hoosier

We have a few bugs that will be updated next week related to speed and Cloudflare issues which should fix the delay in images showing. Note the image is showing now for me, is it ok for you now?

test.png

Jeff M

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I am always amazed when a working platform is replaced. This new platform is much more difficult to navigate and not nearly as appealing as the original platform. I seldom come here anymore and not because it is different but rather because it is not welcoming. I have lost most of my uploaded photos and I have no idea how to find many of my old PM's. Perhaps it's just a learning curve but in either case, I am not impressed. " Not that my opinion matters anyways!! "

·
Registered
886 Posts
It's all about money. Nothing new. Other forums are going to this format. It's funny when you see people respond to the ads that are inserted into the threads, like the one above that looks like a forum member response, and now it's gone. That's a first. Big money in brain washing the constituents.

·
Premium Member
10,662 Posts
I don't hate it, and it is a learning curve...I just want it to work!

And yes, I can see the pictures I posted now. Very strange that I could post a picture to this thread without issue, but couldn't post one in Wayne's Pub...🤷‍♂️

·
Administrator
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I am always amazed when a working platform is replaced. This new platform is much more difficult to navigate and not nearly as appealing as the original platform. I seldom come here anymore and not because it is different but rather because it is not welcoming. I have lost most of my uploaded photos and I have no idea how to find many of my old PM's. Perhaps it's just a learning curve but in either case, I am not impressed. " Not that my opinion matters anyways!! "
All of your PMs should have copied over. You can find them in your conversations folder.

How To Find Conversations (Private Messages)
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “conversations”.

-Philip

·
Administrator
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Photo problem continues in Wayne's Pub...

Edit: But obviously posting photos to this thread works just fine...

View attachment 356892
Thanks for keeping on this, I know we've addressed some of the issues, but we'll continue to work towards this until all answers have been tried .

Here's the mess someone sees if they visit the home page and isn't logged in....

View attachment 356917
This was a known CSS issue, which we should be resolved now. Please clear your cache and cookies and let me know if you see this still.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
27 Posts
re known CSS issue. I think it's still a problem. I'm using Chrome, clicked on more tools->clear browsing data and made sure downloads, history, cookies, cache were all checked. Did I miss something because this still came up....

At first load it looks fine but when you scroll the lower text it shows up under the banner. I'm not sure if the intent is for the banner to stay at the top, hopefully not given the size of the sucker. That plus the ads occupy a large amount of what could be useful space.

·
Administrator
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
re known CSS issue. I think it's still a problem. I'm using Chrome, clicked on more tools->clear browsing data and made sure downloads, history, cookies, cache were all checked. Did I miss something because this still came up....

View attachment 356953

At first load it looks fine but when you scroll the lower text it shows up under the banner. I'm not sure if the intent is for the banner to stay at the top, hopefully not given the size of the sucker. That plus the ads occupy a large amount of what could be useful space.
Are you still having this issue?

Jeff M

121 - 137 of 137 Posts