2,860 Posts
Cool...thanks!

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Now THAT's cool.

·
5,470 Posts
Great, another distraction while at work... ;)

·
Veni, Vidi, V8
536 Posts
A message from Pest Patrol came up saying that there was spyware on it when I started to install it. :eek: HMMMMMMMM?

·
Senior Charter Member
2,275 Posts
Every time I try to enter the code to save the 10%, it says that the code is invalid. I guess I will try again later.

·
Senior Charter Member
238 Posts
Originally posted by ROUSHAC:
A message from Pest Patrol came up saying that there was spyware on it when I started to install it. :eek: HMMMMMMMM?
Please send me this message. (mike(at)screenracer.com)The program has no crap-ware as part of the install... It might have been flagged because the program is new and not known to your pest patrol program. I have gotten safe-to-install reviews from sites like: safe-install.com and qarchive.org.

Thank

·
Senior Charter Member
238 Posts
Originally posted by slaga:
Every time I try to enter the code to save the 10%, it says that the code is invalid. I guess I will try again later.
Sorry about the coupon expiring, when I sent it to ffr, it was entered to last about one month, so it could be added to the news post. I just update the coupon and it and it gave me a new code: FFR060707 notice the new date. I will email Mark and ask him to update the news post

Hope this helps, Thank

·
Veni, Vidi, V8
536 Posts
Originally posted by Mic:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ROUSHAC:
Please send me this message. (mike(at)screenracer.com)The program has no crap-ware as part of the install... It might have been flagged because the program is new and not known to your pest patrol program. I have gotten safe-to-install reviews from sites like: safe-install.com and qarchive.org.

Thank
</font>[/QUOTE]Here you go:

It's a key logger. NOT GOOD! http://www.filesland.com/companies/Pro-EXESoftware/aSpy.html

·
Senior Charter Member
238 Posts
Thank for the link and info. I have a few guys checking the code over at 3impact 3D engine site,(the 3D engine the screensaver uses). I haven't got back any info yet... I will keep you updated!

·
Veni, Vidi, V8
536 Posts
FALSE ALARM! FALSE ALARM! FALSE ALARM!

My sincerest apologies to all, most esecially Mic.

The installer that he (and many other people use) sometimes generates a false alarm in some anti-spyware programs.

I checked with the best computer guru that I know, and he said that Mic's program is safe. I believe that Mic and he are both working on having PestPatrol fix their program with an update to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Again, my apologies to all. I was just thinking that with all the "bad stuff" out there that it was best to be cautious in case someone had "piggybacked" a keylogger onto Mic's program without his knowledge.

Enjoy Mic's great screensaver, it is safe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.