Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having only seen a handful of completed FFRs I noticed that there seems to be a decent amount of wasted space directly behind the front x member. I was thinking of fabbing up a small box to put tools and anything else, with some vents in it. The only issue I can see is possibly less cooling air over the motor. But I have seen people mounting battery boxes here also. Has anyone does this? Does this sound like a good or bad idea?

Judd

·
Charter Member
4,717 Posts
That's the space where the twin turbos reside!

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
A lot of us keep the engine bay as clean as possible. Better 'wow' factor when you lift the hood to show people the engine.

You have plenty of room in the trunk to put a recessed tool box on the top shelf. You can make something that would fit where the FFMetal battery box goes for tools and make a removable cover to put on top of it.

·
Senior Charter Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas guys, I am not thinking a EFI 302 is going to have a lot of wow factor and I don't think an aluminum box would look bad or rust. Just my thoughts. I'll let you all know though.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
To me, one of the greatest benefits of keeping the engine bay unencumbered (I have the 302 5.0 EFI) is to facilitate engine cooling, thereby reducing heat transfer through the footboxes. In building these carsm everybody has his favorite criteria for doing things a certain way. It's a credit to FFR engineering that we have the flexibility to do just that in so many ways.

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
A big block takes up the space easily

·
Senior Charter Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
clears out space in the already barren wallet too!

·
Registered
561 Posts
We put the battery in that space. For me its easier for maintenance etc, but there are drawbacks as mentioned above. Depending on how you mount it you can be limited on battery size as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.