Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a top for a MKIV I would consider selling. I installed it and then removed it and put it in the trunk and never have used it, PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It was bought from FFR but the directions say it's a rod top. It has the side curtains. The bag that holds the frame has some wear spots from being in the trunk.
I would sell it for $ 2500.00 including shipping
Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
I PM'd BSmith about the top as well. HinoonAZ gets first preference as the thread starter.

How do the windows look? Are they clear, folded, foggy, etc? Do you have the zip out windows and/or the corner windows in the back?

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will talk with Chad at rod tops in the morning for confirmation of modification for top to fit a Mark I. My fingers are crossed.
Thanks, Gary

·
Junior Charter Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, almost thought the hunt for a top was over. Mk IV top does not fit the MK I to III. The search continues. Thanks to responses from all. Gary

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Try Whitby's

Hey Gary,

Here's a link to Whitby Motorsports. They're an FFR & forum vendor.

If you were OK paying $2500 for a used premium top, maybe you're OK paying $1600 for a NEW one that will fit your car!

Whitby Motorcars

Good Luck, hope that helps. Let us know what you decide!

Will

·
Junior Charter Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Will
I would rather have the old style top prior to whitby's design. I like the old version or the premium on from rod tops

·
Registered
394 Posts
Is this top still available?

It was bought from FFR but the directions say it's a rod top. It has the side curtains. The bag that holds the frame has some wear spots from being in the trunk.
I would sell it for $ 2500.00 including shipping
Thanks

·
Junior Charter Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still looking for a soft top to fit a Mark I. About ready to buy a Whitby top. Thanks to all who have responded. Gary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts