Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after seven weeks, the MAF I ordereded from Excessive Motorsports has arrived and I'm ready to fire up the new Supercharger this weekend.
One question. No where in the assembly papers does it mention the need to fill the supercharger with oil first prior to initial run. I've got the oil feed and return lines run, but isn't she going to spin dry for a few seconds if I don't pre-lube?
Paranoid?
Man I can't wait to hit the streets with this new setup.
thanks

·
Senior Charter Member
490 Posts
If you are tapped into your oiling system, you could prelube the entire system like you would if you were prelubing a fresh engine before fire up. It may not matter, but a good precaution that will only take a fraction of the time it would take to replace the supercharger. ;) Tim

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
I suspect it's not really a big deal since Vortech doesn't mention it in the instructions, but it can't hurt!

I left my blower belt off the first time I fired it up. That circulates plenty of oil and also allows you to check the oil line plumbing for leaks without the added excitement of a blower running. I even spun the pulley by hand while the car was running, just to coat the gears.

[ April 11, 2002, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Wade Chamberlain ]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
Great idea Wade. I think I'll pull the belt off for a couple minutes.

Why don't I think of these things?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wade
I went with the PRO-M unit like you did. Now that I'm certain I won't be needing it I will send you back the calibration tube you so generously gave me. Thanks again, you've made this install a lot less hairy with all the advice and support.
Lenwood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts