Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard the wind wings help a lot with wind noise. Do the visors help any? Can they actually be used as a visor, or are they mostly decorative?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
510 Posts
Yes. You will need them if you ever plan to drive the car during the hours of 3:00 pm and dark.

·
Senior Charter Member
721 Posts
I am "altitude challenged" and have no trouble with buffeting or wind noise. When I ferry tall passengers, they get whipped pretty good so I added visors to help direct the wind over their heads. I made clear ones but will probably tint. I usually wear sunglasses so the sun isn't really a problem.

·
Senior Charter Member
380 Posts
I am 6'4" and I do not have the seat tracks, but I do have spacers on the front of the seats to recline them a little.

The visors get in the way of my vision, so I will not be installing them. I guess this would only be an issue if you are on the taller side.

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Get a baseball cap, skip the visors. Put a leash on the cap, though, or you'll need another real soon.

Forrest

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
What Forrest said except it's the reason I like my visors. If you push the visor upward it's a good enough wind deflector that I don't need to worry about my ball cap flying off.

By the way, the only time I wear a ball cap is when I'm driving the car. Without it, even with my shortish hair, the wind beats my hair all over my head and my head gets numb after a while :eek: .

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have windwings and visors. Both help ... even so, the only experience that ever made a bigger mess of my hair was riding a bike (motorcycle) when young. Ball cap still necessary. I keep a spare in the trunk for passengers.

Every once in a while there is an advantage to being short ... the wind effect is much worse if your tall!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
6'4" and with my body profile I see out the window and the visors keep the wind off my head. And they look kinda cool too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts