Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Spec Racers are hitting Virginia International Raceway (VIR) this weekend! The schools are sold out, but you can still probably drive your Cobra around this famous track during the lunchtime touring laps. The Spec Cobras hit the track for the Saturday race around 1:30 and 1:45 on Sunday.

In addition to the Spec Racers, there will also be various Cobras in the schools. Even Factory Five will be at VIR! (But no bugging them - they are here to play too!)

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
32 Posts
I have several questions
Are spectators allowed at the track?
Is there a charge?
Can you see the race from some vantage point?
Are there only spec racers in the race?
How long is the race on Saturday?
How many people come to watch?
And Finally How many FFR owners are thinking of going to the race?
I am interested for one
Tom (1773)

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
You can come in to the track, sometimes there is a fee and other times not but it usually isn't more than 20 dollars. There are some pretty decent spots to view from, but nowhere you can see the whole race. The spec racers run in the big bore group which should have a fairly wide range of other cars. There may also be some street cars in HDPE.
Hope to see you there

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by PBWZARD:
I have several questions
Are spectators allowed at the track?
Is there a charge?
Can you see the race from some vantage point?
Are there only spec racers in the race?
How long is the race on Saturday?
How many people come to watch?
And Finally How many FFR owners are thinking of going to the race?
I am interested for one
Tom (1773)
Spectators are not 'officially' allowed, but you can sign as crew for Elam (#66 if they ask).

You will be able to see the race up close, but the track is huge, so you can't see all of it.

The Spec Racers run during the Big Bore group. There will be assorted V-8s and super cars. Sometimes the Superformance guys come and run on the track with us, but they compete in Super Unlimited.

The race should be about 30 minutes. Looks like we will do a standing start which is always a plus for the Cobras!

I couldn't guess how many people come to watch. Last I heard we have 240 cars for the weekend, and I know that has gone up.

-Dan

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,717 Posts
I would love to come down since I'm only about 2 hours from the track. However I hope to be test fitting the body this weekend. And man I am tired of mechanical work. I'm looking forward to some serious grinding now that the go-cart is together.

Ben

·
Junior Charter Member
32 Posts
Thank You for the information. At this point the weather does not look good but we shall see. In any event good luck racing.
Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts