Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mind the vinyl seats but was considering upgrading to the leather dash. Anyone use vinyl and then see a leather dash and regret using vinyl? Do they both look about the same or can you tell the difference in quality. Thanks for the input.
Doug

·
Senior Charter Member
160 Posts
I just bought some mahogany veneer for my dash. I saw a couple of pictures and it looked pretty good. I'll try to match the finish on the steering wheel. I also puchased veneer with the self adhesive backing($40.00 24"x96"). Not supposed to bleed through like the glue can.
Just my 2cents.
scott

·
Registered
318 Posts
DFRESH

Don't waste your money on the leather upgrade. I had leather with my first set of gauges, I distroyed the leather removing it from the dash. Went to the local upholstry shop and got some vinyl. It look fine.

David,

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,899 Posts
Well I have the leather dash with the Smiths gauges and like it. Gauges and toggles can be removed no problem. Depends on the look you prefer. I just like the look of the leather myself. :D G.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess my real question is if you keep the vinyl and pull up to someone with a leather dash will the person standing between the two cars look at the leather interior and think that it looks much better than the other? Or do they look similar and just the texture/feel of it is different? I plan on going to thr FFR open house to see 1st hand but it snowed out today so I'm thinking about it now!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
You can get "pleather" that looks like the real thing. FFR's leather seats have leather on the seating surface only. The sides are vinyl. Their materials match almost perfect. They may look a bit different after the sun shines on them for a few years.

Tanner

·
Charter Member
2,135 Posts
ACMIKE recommended using a headliner to me. I was going to see if a nice grey was available to match my stripe...The headliner in my Honda is pretty nice, well see.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.