Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a partially assembled complete kit with the black vintage gauges and think that I discovered the first thing missing.
All of the gauges are in the dash. The water temp and fuel temp have long sleeved wires with a weather proof plug on the end.

I have a box a little smaller than a stove with loose parts in it. I have gone through all of them but I cant find the sending units for the engine side.
I did find this in a plastic baggie but I am not sure what it is.
Brass Metal Nozzle

Can anyone help me?

While I am asking, do you just hook up the wires from the gauges or does that go through the Ron Frances harness.

Thanks
Ben

·
Not a waxer
12,092 Posts
That is a temperature activated grounding switch for the fan (not my first choice as far as method of activation with the RF harness but that is a subject for another time). By the description of the long pigtails and molded connector it sounds like you may have the Speedhut gauges. Give us a photo and we can tell for sure but none the less you should have a sender for oil pressure and coolant temperature at a minimum.

Jeff

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More pics

Thanks Jeff

Here are the pics for you. The pig taill from the water temp and a pic of my speedo.
Cable Technology Electronic device Wire Electronics accessory

Analog watch Measuring instrument Auto part Watch Gauge

I had not even thought about the fan relay. Are the standard senders that I can pick up somewhere?

Thanks again
Ben

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,175 Posts
Those are the Speedhut sourced gauges. You should be able to get replacement senders from them easily.

Did the partially complete kit come with an engine? Perhaps the sensors are already installed on the engine?

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are the Speedhut sourced gauges. You should be able to get replacement senders from them easily.

Did the partially complete kit come with an engine? Perhaps the sensors are already installed on the engine?

HTH...
Mark
Yes, it came with an Engine Factory 351W, unfortunately there are not any sensors. There are a pair of pigtails hooked to the TKO but that is it.

I just got off the phone with Speedhut. The guy was wonderful and he is getting it figured out for me. About $60 plus shipping.

Thanks again
Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.