Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What adaptor is used to attach the oil pressure hose to the vintage gauge? It appears both ends of the hose are female AN but the gauge appears to be male pipe thread. The adaptor that came with the kit appears to be female AN to male AN. It does thread onto the gauge but I'm thinking it will leak. Do I have the correct adaptor? Any help is appreciated.

JL

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
I had the same worry about mine but was assured by tech support at Autometer that it wouldnt leak. It is a special thred designed to seal as it goes down and gets tighter. I only got about 4 threads down but it doesnt leak!
Steve

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
I believe all the threads in the autometer kit are pipe thread. I've never seen AN fittings in an Autometer gauge box.

...but while we're on the topic I'll ask a related question. Where is everyone mounting their mechanical senders for oil pressure and coolant temperature?

-SB

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Coolant sensor goes in a 3/8" plug behind the water pump on the manifold. Oil pressure goes between stock oil filter position and water pump. I built a "T" adaptor with extension from plumbing parts to get the oil pressure and temp sensors in the same place. I still haven't seen an oil temp reading but I also have not run the car much. Some have put the oil sensor in the oil pan but my Moroso unit only has a small threaded adaptor and the sensordoesnt fit. Remote oil filter will provide an easy solution but I prefer the stock position with my 4 into 4 headers,
Steve

·
Senior Charter Member
590 Posts
My Autometer Vintage Gauges came with enough adaptors to screw the flexi pipe straight into the block at one end and on to the gauge at the other. I used PTFE tape on the threads, no leaks.

Position wise, the oil pressure goes in the block just as Steve says, I have oil temperature in the remote oil filter adaptor block and coolant temperature in the inlet manifold.

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.