Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched through all (!) the heater threads, but I can't find how people have mounted the Vintage Air Servo Heater Valve that replaces the manual valve supplied with the heater.

As shown in the attachment, the heater valve has 4 holes on top and on the bottom presumably for self-tapping screws. In the picture you will see a self-tapping screw that fits the holes reasonably well, but it may be too short? :confused1:

I'm routing the heater hoses from the heater out to the 3/4" frame similar to Arch (Post #3) in this older thread

https://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-factory-five-roadsters/287047-routing-heater-hoses.html

but he has the supplied manual valve rather than the servo valve.

I was planning on mounting the valve on top of the passenger footbox, but I'm certainly open to suggestions!!

Drilling the holes correctly is of some concern. I guess I could make a paper template and drill and hope it's close enough.

Attachments

·
Well Used Member
220 Posts
Bolted it with rubber grommets to the top of the PS footbox.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Junior Charter Member
2,853 Posts
I made a little enclosure for mine to keep it from getting wet. That is mounted on the 3/4" frame rail above the passenger footbox. I think I remember reading that it shouldn't be exposed. I used my trusty HF metal brake. I did outboard hose routing.

Sorry for the blurry picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made a little enclosure for mine to keep it from getting wet. That is mounted on the 3/4" frame rail above the passenger footbox. I think I remember reading that it shouldn't be exposed. I used my trusty HF metal brake. I did outboard hose routing.

Sorry for the blurry picture.
How did you mount it inside the enclosure?

·
Well Used Member
220 Posts
So, no self tapping screws? Bolts?
I tapped into the plastic housing in the Vintage Air module, 10-32 I think. Caution though, don't go too deep, or you will have a coolant leak. Not that I would ever be that stupid. (I didn't go as deep on the second one.)

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Never mind the temp worm clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tapped into the plastic housing in the Vintage Air module, 10-32 I think. Caution though, don't go too deep, or you will have a coolant leak. Not that I would ever be that stupid. (I didn't go as deep on the second one.)
Thanks - I'll give that a try. Better than self-tapping screws. Didn't think of tapping the holes! :iamwithstupid:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tapped it for 8-32 screws. The holes were too small for my 10-32 tap.

·
Well Used Member
220 Posts
I tapped it for 8-32 screws. The holes were too small for my 10-32 tap.
Very good. That was probably what I did too then. (I'm not by the car, but I can look when I get back in town.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts