·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
:eek::w00t::001_tt1:

That just about sums it up. :001_smile:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
That was great! I'm sitting here with a cold one in my hand, leaning forward towards the monitor...Grinning. Didn't realize till the end it was a coupe. You could see he had the advantage at speed when the aerodynamics came into play. What was that #3 car? It seemed to run pretty damn good too.

Thanks

Bob

·
Junior Charter Member
725 Posts
Thank you! I needed that to start my morning. I just wish I could smell the race gas.
Roy

·
Peckin' away at it
1,046 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!!!
Goosebumps. Can't wait to finish my car

·
Junior Charter Member
405 Posts
very cool...I bet he spun out at the end of that vid...

·
Mad Max Builder
385 Posts
That was great! I'm sitting here with a cold one in my hand, leaning forward towards the monitor...Grinning. Didn't realize till the end it was a coupe. You could see he had the advantage at speed when the aerodynamics came into play. What was that #3 car? It seemed to run pretty damn good too.

Thanks

Bob
Looks like a Mustang to me. I think what looks like a "3" is a crossed out "8". There was a "17" on the side.

I would have liked to see the coupe, e-type jags, and the ferrari 250 gto all together on the track.

The Coupe is a total ripoff of the 250-GTO:

I wouldn't have chosen a different car to rip off, but just look at it.

This is the website where I found the GTO pix.
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Pictures-c19291-1962-250-GTO.html#pi16477557

·
Peckin' away at it
1,046 Posts
I don't think a Mustang. Look at the front corner at around 2:40 or so. I cannot come up with a better candidate however.

·
master craftsman
5,597 Posts
Sort of looks like a saab sonnett (3) but theres no way in heck it is.

·
Junior Charter Member
753 Posts

·
Mad Max Builder
385 Posts
#3 aka #17 is not a Ferrari. I believe Riptide's guess was right. It has all the lines of a Saab Sonett III, early 70's. although I'm having a hard time reconciling the rear lights....and the straight-line performance. The squirrely turns makes sense though.

http://jpowell.tripod.com/saab-97/
No saab sonnet ever had more than 60 horsepower. Given how flimsy they were, I don't think they could stand up to more than 61 horsepower. I can't reconcile that with any straight line speed at all.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts