Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please do not take me the wrong way. I wanted a hot rod. Something that was not my Mustang. I know these are race cars. That's what I signed up for that's what I want.

Anyways. When I was at the build school and the instructor started the engine there was no vibration. I took a video. Granted that was a pretty mild stock 302 programmed mild. His description.

I do not have a stock 302 and a streetable aggressive setup if you get my drift.

I just want to make sure it's not vibrating because of anything I have done. Like not making the sure its mounted properly.

That's my main concern. The shop did not even hint that there was anything remotely wrong. Maybe just my paranoia.

https://youtu.be/vQOyVZcPrLY

Jason

·
Snake Farmer
10,280 Posts
Lumpy idle due to performance cam used, would be my best guess for the vibration.. If you rev it up a smidge, the vibrations should smooth out.
The car at the build school, probably had a stock 302 with a standard cam.

The engine mounts have some flexibility, (unless solid mounts are used), to dampen the engine vibration to the chassis. As long as you have used flexible fuel lines, and allowed some slack in wiring ,etc, from the chassis to the motor, the vibrations should not be an issue.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lumpy idle due to performance cam used, would be my best guess for the vibration.. If you rev it up a smidge, the vibrations should smooth out.
The car at the build school, probably had a stock 302 with a standard cam.

The engine mounts have some flexibility, (unless solid mounts are used), to dampen the engine vibration to the chassis. As long as you have used flexible fuel lines, and allowed some slack in wiring ,etc, from the chassis to the motor, the vibrations should not be an issue.

Thank you sounds resonable. Yes there just a base tune on it now. I have top brake it in a little to fine tune it. Awesome! Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts