Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished updating my site with all the fittings, pumps and regulators from Aeromotive, Earls, Aeroquip, Russel and XRP to make it even eaier to order exactly what you need to complete the installation of your new stack system.
Programming and Fuel parts page

·
450 Posts
Excellent, thanks! I was just getting ready to figure that stuff out, this will help alot.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Wayne, you've got mail...
Ken

·
5,559 Posts
Wayne,

Are you going to add pricing for that new Redline management dystem that you mentioned awhile back? Do you feel that it is a better system than the SDS overall?

Brian

·
5,559 Posts
Thanks Wayne! For some reason, I missed the link, while I was on your site.

Does the "fuel and spark" model replace the 6AL that I have, or is it designed to work with it?

Brian

[ February 27, 2004, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: B+L FFR 1686 ]

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brian, the fuel and spark does replace the 6AL box, so the Redline fuel/spark is $100 mor but then you don't have to buy the $180 MSD 6AL ignition box.

·
5,559 Posts
So If I already have the 6AL, would it be better to sell it when time comes, and just buy the self contained setup? Or, does the "fuel only" work just as well using the MSD for the spark? It seems from what I saw on the page you linked that the "fuel and spark" gives you the most tuning ability - is that correct, or does the software allow some control over the msd?

Sorry if these questions seem redundant, this is new territory for a carb guy... ;)

Brian

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fuel only system is just that, fuel control only. Having spark control gives you the ability to add advance during part throttle operation(much better gas mileage), run little advance during cranking(easier on the starter) and get the last bit of HP/TQ out of a combination that you can't get with a mechanical advance. You can sell the MSD 6AL for atleast $100(to break even with the upgrade Redline) or return it where you bought it if it is still new.

·
5,559 Posts
Thanks, Wayne, that is what I suspected that you meant. I'm running the 6al now with my dual quad setup, so when I finish the 351W, I'll sell the msd, and use the prceeds like you suggested to break even on the Redline upgrade. I haven't started buying parts for the 351 yet, but it is a 1969 block that I'm planning to use as a base for a 408 stroker. I saw that you have a dyno tested program for that. Could you give me some more details about the cam, heads, brand of stroker used, and hp from the setup with the stacks? Since I plan to use the stacks, I think it would be better to build the rest of the engine around a proven combination of parts. Feel free to email me directly if it's easier...

Thanks again, Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.