Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for all of you who have the new IRS. How did you insert the small vent tube into the 8.8 center section. My piece did not fit in at all and before I sand it down or took a hammer to it, I thought I might check on some other builders methods. Thanks. I did purchase the vent tube lines from Ford similar to what others have posted and I have modified that to my liking. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
There's an aluminum press-in fitting that needs to be in the vent opening in the center section. Ford part number 2L1Z-4022-BA. NIB parts from Ford Racing apparently don't have this fitting. New take-outs like I had (and others) already have the fitting. The plastic tube from FR3Z-4A058-A fits over the aluminum fitting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info

Unfortunately the center sections purchased through FFR do not come with the fitting pressed in and in fact mine was missing from the box (FFR quickly replaced the missing part) now that I have mine, I need to look at the options. I did purchased the other part as you described. Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vent Tube Problem Solved

With the limited access to the vent tube hole, I used some plumbers sand paper to narrow the diameter so that the vent tube (hose barb) could fit into the hole without issue. I then used some JB Weld to secure the hose barb and it appears to be holding up very well. I have not really used this product before but it is very easy to use and appears to be very strong. I then modified the vent tune itself (purchased at a Ford dealer and then secured to the parking brake with a zip tie and a clip near the valve. Easy!
Here are a few pics. Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts