Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my knowledge, no one makes any chromed or polished aluminum entry plates for an FFR like this:

These pictures came from an AC car over in England. Perhaps those who are interested in a set can respond to this thread and one of the vendors might express interest in making such a part.

Put me down for set #1.

Drew
FFR#3928

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Chris... I like that idea...BTW, how are you doing on the console.
Ken

·
FFCobra Fanatic
933 Posts
I'm thinking on these to still make them thin, around.053 and install them with the same rivets used on the aluminum,1/8 by 1/4.
ken, slowly but surely. I'm trying to get the dash done first so I can make sure the console fits underneath. I have the general shape layed out and might even mold that and just add a filler piece to the top of the mold for height. I've been playing with finishes on the splitters and found a great combo to leave it smooth and shiny.

chris.

·
Junior Charter Member
280 Posts
Below is a photo of the installation on my Cobra. I went to Home Depot and purchased a pair of 1"x36" aluminum carpet seam strips and trimmed them to length. I shaped the strips into the proper curvature for the door openings using the gas bottle from my grille as a buck. The strips are secured to the door edges with #8 ovalhead stainless trim screws. They polish up nicely with 4-0 steel wool.

Rupert Hartmann

Visit My 351W Disguised As A 427FE:
VALVE COVER ADAPTER & 351W DUAL QUAD INTAKE PAGE

·
Super Moderator
29,556 Posts
How is the carpet held in place on the inside?

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rupert & Sideways: Great ideas...if no one comes to market with some, I'll probably try one of those ideas.

Chris: Those would definitely work for the guys who have a more modern theme on their Cobras. For me, I'd be looking for chrome or polished aluminum.

Drew
FFR#3928

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.