Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a post that stated that there is a vendor feedback thread. Does anyone know where I can find it. Last night I had a terrible experience with a vendor---rude, insulting etc. I made a post on this forum stating the facts and the post was pulled by a moderator within minutes. If this thread exists I would like to share all my experiences....99.9% of which are incredibly positive. Before I patronize a vendor I would like to review it also.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
Skunkman:

I saw your post last night (apparently I was one of a few) and when I went back to look this morning, I could not find it. I'm surprised to hear that a moderator pulled it. Does that mean all vendor comments (good OR bad) will no longer be allowed?

PS: I know you can't answer the question, so I guess it is rhetorical.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,918 Posts
Im pretty sure the deal here is that the site is supported and run by $ from FFR and Vendors so bad post about either seems to not be tolerated. Regardless of your experience, their money still is just as green. Im pretty sure this has been said before, just with different wording. Also there are always 2 sides to every story and often the vendors are not able to post their side.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts
Here is the thread...
http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/3/t/004274.html#000000

Most people on the forum do not use names or business names when there is a complaint.
I personally wish people would / could use the name ( or be allowed to).
I'm not saying slander or bad mouth anyone just tell negative facts that we could learn from. I also believe there is a place for a polite rebuttal.

Could you PM me the info on the vendor in question. I'd like to make up my own mind.
I'll return your PM with a vendor's name I will NEVER give money to.
Please don't let this scare you. I only have dealt with one bad vendor, and believe me I have used most every vendor one time or another. Most on here I brag about.

·
Administrator
7,016 Posts
skunkman,

The post was pulled because you were venting, by your own admission. The BOR is very clear on that subject:

Vendor Relations and Experiences

POLICY: Please try and resolve product problems with vendors before "venting" on the site. Venting may sound harmless, but can create ill feelings to parties that are involved. Only the parties DIRECTLY involved in a vendor/customer interaction are welcome to post about the experience. Fellow members with useful suggestions based on solid facts, remedies, and solutions, rather than personal opinions and personal attitudes, may respond.

COMMENT: There is value in sharing experiences where the sharing brings a swift end to a real problem someone else is having. What is oh-so hateful and destroying in forums is when people with hate in their hearts and foul agenda's reply and it becomes useless gossip and innuendo, then it becomes childishness. I don't think it has to be too cumbersome to police. I think we are a mature group of people who want to keep our little serene (usually) post-haven a fun place to frequent.
I think if you had made an effort to work out your issue with the vendor first and had been unable to resolve your issue then the thread would have been ok.

BTW I don't know if you ever saw the vendor response that was posted before the thread was pulled. It seemed reasonable to me (I'm not taking sides here, it's just an observation).I would suggest trying to work out the issue with the vendor before posting to the vendor feedback thread.

HTH,

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I've had only one bad experace with a vender in about 3 years. I posted my complaint on this forum with his name. A whole lot of people chimed in with the same complaints about the vender.The post was left on the forum for quit a while before it was closed. I think I was treated fairly by the moderater. I was still screwed by the vender.Roger

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by David Hodgkins:
skunkman,

The post was pulled because you were venting, by your own admission. The BOR is very clear on that subject:

Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word venting. Actually I was trying to pass on a negative experience in hopes of helping someone else avoid being woken up at night by an inappropriately angry vendor.

If positive and negative comments are allowed it only gives more credability to the best vendors. Perhaps I was one in a million - if so others would chime in with their positive experience and dilute my negative post. It is a forum - a venue for the exhange of information. If I see 99% positive feedback on an ebay seller it gives me confidence in the seller. I was hoping I was the only one with a negative experience with this vendor. My PMs tell me otherwise.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,918 Posts
hmmm i never saw the rule for this before. Sounds like if you post your actual experience with just the facts in a new thread and dont use the word venting then it will be ok.

·
Administrator
7,016 Posts
skunkman,

The problem is that you hadn't tried to work it out with the vendor first. You were venting - there's really no other word for it - about a situation that you had not yet resolved, or attempted to resolve.

BTW, I hope you understand I'm attempting to clarify why the thread was pulled. As I said before, I'm not taking sides.

HTH,

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand why the thread was pulled. I now know I violated the BOR by using the word venting. This makes sense. The moderator was correct in pulling the thread based on the BOR. I'm glad there is a thread (http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/3/t/004274.html#000000 ) where you can freely post your negative and positive experiences. Had I known it existed I would have gone there first. I'm still learning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts