Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to use the vapor canister since it doesn't affect HP and it'll keep my garage smelling purty.

What size fuel line do I need to buy to hook this thing up? Can I get rubber fuel line from Napa? The manual says to run the line along the hard lines. Do I just use zip ties or should I use the clips?

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
The donor vapor line is a combination of rubber hose and hard plastic line. You have several options if you're going non-donor or forgot to get it from your donor (like I did):

1. Get the line from a Mustang at the junk yard. It's not easy to get off and it could be junk.

2. Get a rubber hose from an auto parts store. The NAPA by me didn't carry fuel grade hoses - only vacuum hoses. I didn't get one because I was worried about how they'd hold up for gas vapors. Other stores may carry them - I don't know.

3. Get this kit from Breeze.

I got mine from a junk yard because I didn't know Breeze carried it. If I had it to do over again, I'd get it from Breeze.

I just zip-tied mine to the clamped fuel lines. You could probably put it in a clip, though.

·
1,589 Posts
I used rubber 1/4 fuel line all the way from the tank to the canister. I just used some of the insulated hose holder/clips they supply with the kit. The 3/16 rivits work well to hold the clips on. Just ran them along with the fuel lines along the 4" tube. It is the 'lowest' of the lines. I thought if something was to bump the ground I would want to sacrifice a vent line before a fuel line which are mounted up as high as possible.

-Stu

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Breeze to the rescue again. Thanks guys, that's a huge help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts