Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Engineer Ed ,

Background: My car has a 1995 Mustang Cobra motor. When I got it the deal was I could have either the harness from the 1995 or an earlier setup. At first I opted for the earlier setup but then the EEC issues, and the actual connections on the engine harness, and the distributor change, etc., so I decided to go back to the 1995 as it came from Ford.

SITUATION Followed your advice several months ago and bought the 1995 Helms Wiring Manual, great book! Ok, I am ready to make the engine go. I got out the 2 boxes on donor harnesses and put them on a 4x8 table.

Ed, these harnesses are so large and so many unneeded connections, it is unreal! For example there are 2 fuse boxes, one for the "Engine Compartment" and another one for the under dash area. It is just too much to fit into this small roadster, IMHO.

The Helms book ID's all component locations that connect to these harnesses, so I could tag every connection, no problem.

QUESTION At this point in time, there is a big investment in this car and the progress is halted dead stop. I want to get the thing running with EFI becasue the intake says "Cobra" on it and that is sort of a plus. On the other hand, I can see no way for these monstrous harnesses to fit.

Roger Stine does not diet the 1995 harness so I am told.

As I see, it my options are as follows:

1. Toss the SN95 harnesses and distributor; convert back to 1993. Buy an already dieted harness system and a 1993 distributor. (I have a 1993 Cobra EEC already)

2. Convert to carburated, sell the 95 Cobra EFI setup.

3. Pay someone to diet this system as a one-off special.

Any other options? What would you recommend?

Any and all comments from any and all sources welcome; I am dying, ...help....
lnj

·
Senior Charter Member
1,028 Posts
Larry,

Check with Rob Weatherbie in PA. Be sure to tell him what accessories you want. He'll be able to add any circuits you might need. Click here for his site.

John Minton

·
Premium Member
18,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John,
As usual, John Minton to the rescue. Thank you, I had another recommendation similar but needed the web site reference.

lnj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts