Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please chime in with your upper radiator cowl solutions (and pics).

I'm looking for two primary functions:

The first is to hide the top of the rad with the wires that sit across there visible from the inside of the engine compartment.

The second, to direct more air into the rad and away from the front of the hood, which likes to lift 1/4" at speed.

I haven't come across anyones product that will do both of these things for a MkIII with hinges.

Thanks for the help.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
If the hood lifts at speed it's not secured correctly . The cowl is available from Mark at Breeze,and others Bob

·
2,746 Posts
John,

I'm not sure without seeing your car if this sort of thing would help you, but I made this very simple air deflector for my MKIII.

It has just one bend where it mounts to the upper frame, and the leading edge is cut in a curve to meet the underside of the body. I'll put a piece of bulb seal on later when the body is installed for the last time.

HTH,

Chris.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Standard MkIII hinge.

Chris, looks like you fab'd somethins similar to what Breeze sells. I need something to extend aft a few more inches to cover the top of the rad channel with wire loom in it.

I figure I would have to fab something, but thought I would check to see if there is something else out there.

Russ T's cover would work great but he hasn't finished work on the MkIII version yet.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
This is the one that Breeze sells. It's very efficient in that it channels the air through the radiator instead of allowing it to spill over the top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts